Monday, October 10, 2005

Well... sigh... I got my car towed into Pep Boys this morning. $524 to fix the fuel pump. :( You know it's never a good thing when you have to resort to asking your bankrupt parents for money. :(

But, they're amazing, and SOMEHOW (although I'm afraid they'll never turn on the heat in the house now) they helped me out and are sending money western union. I feel so, sooo bad. This is the worst timing ever. If only I wouldn't have gotten that plane ticket just an hour before. I still wouldn't have enough, but I'd be $100 closer. And if only it weren't in one of the two worst months for money (the month before the security deposit and the month after). I told them they better not get me anything for my birthday, because this is a huuuuuge sacrifice they're making, and I don't need anything.

I feel like a jerk. I mean, I know the CAR isn't my fault, but it is my fault (and the government's, of course, for not making the minimum wage higher) that I don't have any money. And it's (partially) my fault that THEY don't have any money, and they gave me money that they don't have! I'm a terrible person.

I've been bored all day. Jim dropped me off back at his house because at least here I'd be able to research bus routes, if it came to that. I felt bad for kitty and his thousands of fleas, so I gave him a bath... which was hard, and not exactly successful, because he never really went IN the sink, I just kept having to dump handfuls of water on him. The fleas are mostly still there... but I THINK I got some of the eggs. He's got bites all over his head and neck. Jimmy needs to get him to the vet. Luckily kitty doesn't seem to hate me since he's sitting with me... but me might only be using me for warmth to disguise the hatred.

I obviously had to call off work today, too, which is not good... although since it was Columbus Day, and the banks were closed, it was probably relatively slow so I likely didn't miss out on much. Tomorrow is Suite Life I THINK... Leona said they had people on the set today but no one ever called me to come in (which is good since I wouldn't have been able to get there)... but no one called me for TODAY either, so... I don't know what is going on.

No comments: