Sunday, October 09, 2005

There's a problem we have at the MG... a problem that occurs between 2-4 every day because we're usually so slow that they send all the cooks home. However, sometimes people still come in. And people wait and wait and wait... and get cold food. And I stand there, throwing my hands down and crying into the air "WHHHHYYYYYY?", then run away to fix it, while my customers stare at me. This happened with a nice, British family yesterday. It also sucked because the hosts doubled seated me... across the room. Luckily the people liked ME, so they still tipped me $10 (Patrick comped everything), but I doubt they'll return. Not that *I* care particularly, but that's not really good business.

After that I went on my break and on my break I decided, whatever happens, I need to stay calm. I usually tend to freak out, and it never ends up good. So, I spent a great deal of energy staying calm. Even when they double sat me a party of 9 and a party of 4, before my first table's food was out. Even after that, when they continued to double seat me (which is only bad when you're busy) all the way up until 10:30. HOWEVER, I worked my butt off, and for that I was rewarded by making..... (drum roll)

Before tip out: $150!!!!!!!!!

I tipped out $30, so I still walked with $120!!!!! Can you believe that? I've never walked with $100 before. I was so happy. Happy and tired. I took 15 tables, so obviously the average tip was $10... awesome. I was pretty hopeful I'd make $100 halfway through my shift, but I was totally blown away by $150. I SHOULD make this much every night, but we're slow most of the time... but it finally happened. Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!

So, now I have $1470 left to make this month.

In other news, my head hurts. Probably because I haven't eaten anything or had any caffeine yet today.

I hope Laura Bush teaches Harriet Miers to do eye makeup pretty soon. If *I* would have been chosen as the nominee, I wouldn't NEED any eye makeup advice.... not that I'm bitter.... or anything..

No comments: