Friday, October 07, 2005

I had off today which was nice. I didn't do anything until late and slept till 1. Yaaaay.

Tonight Jim, Cameron and I went to see The Section Quartet perform all of radiohead's OK Computer. It was reeeeaaaaaaalllllyyyyyy great. I never really appreciated the MUSICAL aspect of the album before tonight. I always just thought of it as... you know... one of the best albums of all time. Now a new level has been added to that.

The internet should be hooked up at my place soon, which means good things and less boredom for me and updates that now always right before I leave Jim's for you.

I'm kind of scared right now. I had Jim's friend Kevin print out 8 of my headshots because I knew he had the capability to do this and because I didn't have $100 to spend to get them printed for real. I mean, I am quite aware of the fact that I can get 300 prints for $100, but since I don't HAVE $100... anyway. So, I told Kevin I'd pay him (also adding in that bit of info)... and I have all intentions of paying him (I was going to do it on Sunday but I forgot all my money when I went to Tribe), but today I got an email saying he'd like $10 PER PRINT. ARE YOU KIDDING ME HERE, KEVIN?? I mean, he's a nice guy and all, but if I had $80 I'd presumably be able to afford the $20 more needed to get 300. I was thinking, like... $25. And that was way, WAY more than I thought 8 headshots were worth. I am dumbfounded. I mean, I said in the original email that I needed the help since I was so poor... I just don't get it. So, Jim's all "talk to him about it" (and didn't seem to want to hear ANY of my scared venting), but I really have no idea what I'm supposed to say to him. "Uh, hi. That's completely unreasonable. Even $5/print is unreasonable but I'll think about it." I don't want to seem rude, and I don't want this to cause any problems... but jeez. I mean, really? They're freaking printed off a photo printer. Maybe it's a really nice photo printer, but sill. Jeez. So, I don't know what to do, or what to say, and you if would like to give me some advice, since my boyfriend will not, please feel free.

Tomorrow I'm breaker at work. This will only be good when i get my NEXT paycheck. Oh yeah, I forgot that the total for how much I need to make this month is now down to $1640, thanks to my last paycheck on Wednesday.

There were all these ants crawling over the old, leftover food jim had laying on the ground (go figure) and he sprayed Raid and I think kitty and i are about to pass out from the fumes.

Awesome

I called K-ROQ today to try to convince them to give me tickets to see the Killers tonight. They didn't. At first I was... not as happy as I could have been. But since I got to see all the all string version of ok computer, everything worked out a-okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alisa.

i have to admit, as a person that has seen the killers twice, i am SO disappointed to hear that they were seen hanging out with Ryan Crapbrera! (Ashlee Lipsynchers ex, right?) their indie cred is at about a level 0 in my book now.

however, i still do love "Hot Fuss". what a "killer" album!