Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Well, today was okay. Long, but... I didn't really do anything, so it wasn't bad. We were at the studio from 12-10, but I was actually only WORKING for maybe an hour. I actually can't wait to see this episode (and no, I have no idea when they'll be on. The two titles so far are "Heck's Kitchen" (where I'm a chef) and "Bowling") because it's really funny.

Since a few of us were in so much stuff yesterday, they just had us "outside" the "hotel" doing crosses for two of the scenes... and it was so boring that after a while we pretended to sell drugs on the street or dance or other stuff. I also forgot to mention that Caroline Rae is on this episode. She's funny, and it's not like she's MEAN (she's actually pretty nice), but she seems to have a little bit of an ego. Nothing extreme... but kind of... there.

I didn't realize the twins on the show were totally the kid from Big Daddy and who played little Ben Gellar on Friends. The Olsens "adopted" them as this generation's new twin face or something.

"That's So Raven" tapes next door and she came in yesterday. I forgot to mention that, too. She seemed nice. Everyone liked her. It was kind of funny because I was walking back from lunch with Leona and said "I hope I run in to Raven in the hallway" and she came on set like 15 minutes later.

The show is on hiatus next week (which is good because I'm going to be going to an audition on my birthday... it's not like I have anything fun to do), but I'm planning on working every week until I either move or they're done for the season. I realize that in like 20 days all my paychecks are going to have to go to AFTRA... which will SUCK... but then I'll be a member of AFTRA and after a year I can join.. EQUITY. It should only take like 6 weeks or so (if I only worked the suite life) of no paycheck... which still sucks, but it isn't TOO bad. Not as bad as the years of collecting equity points it would take to join normally. And after I'm equity, I could go to equity auditions and actually be seen!!! Amazing, I know.

My friend on the show that I met yesterday, Mike, was trying to tell me it's too early to move away, but, you know... I still want to. He asked "what are some good theatre companies out here?" and I was like "yeah, there aren't any". He's pretty cool... we played UNO with some other people. I had never played before, but I actually ended up coming in 2nd place. You know why? Because I am SMART.

Sigh.... just five days away... :(

No comments: