Sunday, October 23, 2005

Man, I was at work FOREVER. I begged Tuck to let me take over his section, and he is a saint, and let me. The kitchen was a mess tonight. I don't know what happened. My first table went relatively smoothly, but my next, entrees took about 20 minutes after the kids' came out, and then, although the table never complained or anything, when i was boxing up the food, i saw that the chicken was burnt! I asked Terry to take stuff off, and he did, and the ladies were happy and tipped me really well. My next party was a 15... and unfortunately at the MG we can't do auto-gratuity, so it sucked. The bill was so high... $280, and I got $30. They ordered a TON of alcohol and the bar was so mad at me. Well, actually, just one bartender was mad.... but he was REALLY mad. Since I only had 3 tables, I could only tip so much out... so... it wasn't good. I made $50, which is way more than i would have made as a drink runner, and obviously more than I would have made sitting at home... but I should have made $50 on the party of 15. Those jerks.

I miss auto-grat.... grrrr...

Anyway, as I was saying earlier, yes, this guy, Kelly, moved in. I don't even know WHEN he did it, since Dustin and I worked at 6, but when I got home, his stuff was here. I am so happy about this... I can't believe it actually happened. It was all so... rushed. But whatever, he's here, and now I can make REAL plans for moving...

Oh, also, I wish I could take a picture of our bathroom right now. He has more products than not just me and Dustin combined, but me, Dustin, Emily and Lauren (and they had a LOT of products!) combined. NO JOKE. I wanted to say to Dustin (and I would have, but he's in bed) "Uh... I thought a GUY was moving in... not 4 girls."

He's obviously gay. OBVIOUSLY.

I'm gonna have to get some curtains for the loft, as it has no fourth wall. It's just like being on stage!

I heard somewhere that we're getting a refrigerator soon. God, I hope so. I bought some uh... really, really bad tasting "instant alfredo" thing... you know, just add water and microwave. I'm surprised I didn't vomit while eating it. It was awful. But, you know, I'm poor and I can't keep anything in the apartment that will spoil, so my options are pretty much limited to easy mac, the "pouch" mac and cheese,... and uh... well, that's about it. And cookies. Of course.

Dear Christy, I miss you. Don't YOU abandon me, too. I hope you guys are okay in Florida...

I'm going to call work again tomorrow to see if they need people at night. If they do, good, because I would like to work there and make more money than I would here... which would be zero. Unless I missed something and you can make money while doing nothing now.

I don't have anything depressing to say right now... but that'll probably change really soon.

No comments: