Friday, December 09, 2005

We all shine on...

I got my measurements done today. After that I stayed around Kent until the ensemble concert at 5:15. I talked to Griffin in the green room and then got caught back up with everyone's favorite girl, Jessica Beaudry (we did Fiddler and rocky horror 2 together). She is an awesome girl... and such pretty hair.

Anyway, the ensemble thing was good... I liked hearing the SITPWG and Bat Boy songs best. After the Bat Boy one I turned to EvB (who was sitting next to me) and said "I love Bat Boy. We should do Bat Boy next year. You can direct it!" he mumbled something in response but I didn't hear it. After the show I told Bryan how he should suggest it for the fall musical and he said it was already ON the consideration list, EvB HIMSELF had recommended it. WOOOHOOOO!!! God, I hope we do that show. That would be SO freaking awesome.

A lot of the soloist sounded really good. I was really impressed with Amber and Angeline and some freshman girl... Autumn? I think? I dunno. She sounded really good, though.

When the concert was over I went to ask TK if I could audition for SITPWG at Lakeland (the auditions interfere with rehearsal) and then we talked a little... she was like "I am so happy you're back. Alisa. Are you HAPPY with Jack's Mom?" and I was just like "Well, [TK], I'm not gonna lie to you. I was disappointed."
"Well of course you were!"
"I'm okay NOW and I'm excited... but it's not exactly the role I was auditioning for."
She went on to tell me that I can sing every role in the show, was considered for every role (hence calling me back for everything), but when it came down to it, I have a year left and she said I was the only one with the comic timing required for Jack's Mom. So... that's that. It was a pretty hilarious conversation, actually.

After that I went home and dad and I went to Jen's symphony concert, which was fine. Then we went to Wendy's and I got a baked potato.

I work the next three days which I am sure is just going to be... awesome. Saturday night John Moauro is having a formal party which I will be attending. I think I am going to wear my prom dress and bring tacos. It's a formal potluck. :)

So, today (dec. 8th) was the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death. EVERY time I've ever read anything about it, I've cried. I wasn't even BORN for the shooting, let alone the Beatles, but I think it's one of the worst tragedies of the 20th century (obviously things like the Holocaust and making the a-bomb are in there, too). It's just so sad. That guy will never, ever be forgotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The day before was the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Did anyone care?