Sunday, December 25, 2005

I totally went to Midnight Mass with food in my hair from work. I am SO CLASSY.

Jen was playing her oboe at a Catholic church in Cleveland. As a non-Catholic, let me just say this: I am glad I'm not Catholic. UGH. The incense made me crazy, it was so long and so boring, I didn't know any of the mass "replies", I couldn't take communion... it was just a weird situation all around. It was kind of cool to go to church for the first time in my life on Christmas, though.

Work was ok tonight. We were only open until 8pm, and my tables got up EXACTLY when I needed them to to avoid getting sat the last table of the night. I made decent money... had we been open until 11, I would have made GREAT money since I was at $65 for only 4 hours. I was in a huge hurry to get out, though, because I needed to eat something and I didn't want my dad to leave for Cleveland without me.

I forgot to mention that I saw "Big Fish" the other night and I really liked it. I always wanted to see that movie... I also watched "Love Actually" again last night, because I love it.

I attempted MY annual Christmas Eve tradition this afternoon (calling Dix Huit at work and singing "All I Want for Christmas is You" in the style of one of my former managers), but I couldn't get ahold of her at Sterling, so I left the message on her phone. I also labeled it as "urgent"... because it WAS urgent.

As we all know, it's now Christmas AND the first day of my favorite 8-day'd holiday, Hanukkah! Hooray! Happy both of those!!

(I don't really understand why Christians didn't take the Jewish holidays with them at the beginning of the religion... I think they should have.)

Luckily for me and everyone who reads this, I THINK Christmas is the only day of the year that I have never spent with ANY of my boyfriends. I think I can be relatively happy today. Monday is going to suck, though... especially since I would have been on my way to Orlando in the morning. I think if it would have been ANYWHERE else in the world, I wouldn't be as sad about not being able to go on this trip... but since it's Disney World, and I am Alisa, and if you know ANYTHING about me you know I love Disney... it just sucks. I'll save the DESPAIR for next week, though. And you better believe there's gonna be loads of despair. :)

No comments: