Monday, December 26, 2005

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. I slept in until 2:30. We weren't allowed to open presents until after dinner (which is just... crazy) at 6pm so most of the day was spent sitting around.

I got a couple DVDs and won $28 in the lottery. It was nice. Although I did WANT the few things I got, the whole time we were opening presents I just kept thinking about how I didn't NEED any of the stuff. My parents are really nice. They try to act like everything is normal and are trying so hard to make Christmas nice for us since it's the last we'll have in the house. They have ALWAYS put our happiness first... for someone who hates kids as much as my mom does, you'd never know it from the way she treats us. I don't think she's like a normal mom... but she has ALWAYS viewed us as adults and for THAT I couldn't be happier.

Sometimes I wonder how people learn to think when they didn't grow up in our family. I swear to God, Jen and I could do ANYTHING we wanted to do with our lives. My brother is a freaking genius and all three of us are ridiculously talented and funny. We are AWARE that there is only so much that you can do in northeast Ohio, and none of it is really that spectacular. As socially awkward as we all are, we are generally pretty memorable.

I am SO READY for this year to be over. It won't really make a difference, but there is no way 2006 could be WORSE, right? Well, I guess it could. And if it is, at least it will help me forget how unhappy I am... so at least one good thing could come out of it. But I really hope it isn't worse.

I emailed Jim to tell him Merry Christmas... you'd think he could mirror the sentiment back to me, but apparently he can't. Or he didn't want me to have a good Christmas. I also decided I didn't want to wish a happy birthday over the phone to someone who acted like they hated me so much every time he talked to me, so I just sent THAT email today, too. It is going to be so hard to not call him... but I CAN'T. If I can do THAT... it'll be a big step.

I need therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandpa won $10 and my dad won $8. That's all the winnings that took place here.

You certainly are memorable, Alysa. See you in the Big Apple ;)