Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm sad. First I called United to cancel my reservation for the flight from LAX to cleveland that I obviously will not be taking this weekend... and I get no refund. I have a $104 credit to my account, however, the next time I book a flight with them there will be a $100 surcharge... so really, I have a $4 credit. BOO. WHY, JIM???? Why couldn't you have done this before I bought this ticket which is making me lose $100!?!?!?!? Or, at least, why did you have to do it TWO DAYS LATER?? GOD. This sucks. I really could have used that money.

And, even more so, since Dustin never found someone to take over the lease for December, I'm out $700 because of Jim's ridiculously bad timing.

THANKS A LOT. Ugh.

Ok, and then I went to work... and I was one of 5 extra people they had... again. I kind of thought I was going to be, since I had such a late start time... but it doesn't make it any better. I could have used THAT money, too.

The only good thing is that Tara Hassel, this girl I went/will be going to school with (also our AD for ITW) wrote me because she needs someone to sublet for her roommate next semester so I might actually have a place to live. That'd be a lot easier than living alone. I hope this happens.

I wish I could get my $700 back, too.

On a completely different note, I never noticed until I got back here, but I never heard people in Los Angeles talking about their relatives, friends or significant others being in the army. I hear people mention this EVERY DAY in Ohio. I think it would be foolish to say that people in LA are less "patriotic" or whatever... but I do believe the fact that there's no tuition for residents and the labor laws they have out there have something to do with it.

My sister is thinking about joining the army band after she graduates.

I also heard someone say last night "There will never be a woman president in our lifetime." That infuriated me so much that I almost decided right then and there to make it a goal to run for president when I am old enough.

That'd be pretty hilarious. *I* would vote for me.

No comments: