Friday, December 30, 2005

Thanks to the person who clarified why the Christians didn't take the Jewish holidays. It does make sense...

Work was just... not good... tonight. Everyone came in at 3 and I was there until 11. I made $100, which is good, but man, I am beat. We were SO CRAZY BUSY, and I had 3 parties of 10 with this other girl, but I did most to all of the work. I'm not a jerk, though, so I still gave her %50 of the tip. I also got a LOT of really bad tips (we're SO busy because everyone is using their gift cards... including the poor people who ONLY have the gift card money, so they tip practically nothing). I was sooo mad because I had this girl I went to high school with (Vicki) at one of my tables (and her husband and BABY) and they tipped me a DOLLAR on $30. I kept thinking they'd probably tip decently because how embarrassing to tip someone you KNOW badly... but apparently I was wrong. And I was just like "a DOLLAR?... WHAT????"

Oh well... at least I don't have a BABY. Yuck.

I STILL am waiting on my MG checks. Looks like I'm going to be calling them AGAIN tomorrow...

I haven't eaten practically anything in the last two days. A couple bowls of cereal and 3 chicken strips from McDonald's. The fries were too salty to eat. Tomorrow I should eat. I would REALLY like to go to Rockne's, but I definitely don't want to go alone.

So, I was reading this old entertainment weekly from june with their "The Must List" and Coldplay was #58. I already loved Coldplay, but now I love them more because of of the following comments by Chris Martin:
"I think it's a good idea for a baby to arrive in the world with Sigur Ros playing"
and
"I think Radiohead are better than us. They've pushed themselves further. Them and U2 are tough to catch up with. But my mission is to beat those bands of out town. When the world ends in 200 years, it'd be nice to have it be 'Oh yeah, and the best band was Coldplay.'"

He's RIGHT about it all. And I think they are good enough to give my two favorite bands a run for their money. How awesome to have my fourth favorite band striving to be like my favorite three... it seems like nothing but good music is in store for my future.

I think I might do a couple of End of the Year Lists, a la PITNB. Perhaps tomorrow since I have off... and no life.

No comments: