Thursday, December 29, 2005

My contacts apparently fit "perfectly" according to my eye doctor. My new glasses should be in soon and then my contacts in like a week or so... before I got there today i was having a little bit of buyers remorse about my new frames. I couldn't remember exactly what they looked like. Once I saw them, though, I was relieved, because they aren't as thick as I remembered.

After that I went home for a couple of hours and then went to meet Leona and Kevin at Ray's in Kent (which, oddly enough, I have never been to and didn't even know how to get there). Adam Howard was there and after Leona and Kevin left we were eventually joined by Beth Powers (who I don't think hates me anymore) and Colleen. I had a lot of fun! I can't believe I stayed there as long as I did, but I had nice conversations with all three of them. Beth is getting married this summer and she seemed genuinely interested in my horrible life.

I was in the middle of this conversation with Colleen tonight when I just cried out "Oh NO! NOT THIS SONG!!!" It was Coldplay's "Green Eyes." It's never been released as a single or anything, I've never heard it on the radio, it was the only song they played for like an hour before or after... I just couldn't believe it. If Jim and I had "a song" that was it. He sang/played it on the guitar for me on a beach in Huron, which was one of the sweetest things anyone's ever done for me. I LOVE that song... but I definitely didn't want to hear it. And then i cried, which was just pathetic. Adam and Colleen were trying to drown it out by singing "Mockingbird" but I couldn't help hearing it. It was sad...

Anyway, I had a really nice time (besides when that song came on), and then I realized how late it was, so I went home. I work tomorrow night, Saturday night and Sunday morning (worst. shifts. ever.) but hopefully I'll make lots of money.

No comments: