Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I finally got sick. I'm not really SICK sick... but my throat is really sore and I kind of feel like crap. I suppose the timing couldn't have been better, though. I mean, ITW just ended and we won't even start rehearsals for Violet until next week...

And oh yeah, that matters because I will be playing Violet!!!!!! Yay me!!! :)

Jeez, this is my first lead in 2.5 years.... and even THEN (as Janet), I wasn't... you know... THE main character. I'm excited. I know it's only a lab show and that it'll be in the Boo theatre.... but still... I'm allowed to be excited! :)

Today Dr. Bank told us that she is changing her grading policy and now, if you fail one test, you fail the class. When she said this you could literally hear everyone's heart stop beating for a good 15 seconds. We just all... died. Haven made this sound that pretty much summed up everyone's thoughts. It's not that I think I failed the test (God, please don't let me have failed), but it was just such a scary thought. She yelled at us again. I wanted to cry.

After class I went to get my window fixed which was supposed to take 45 minutes, but took 2 hours. I didn't eat before I went, either... so I was pretty freaking hungry. At least I have a window again, though... being one of those tarp people was kind of embarrassing.

Family Video doesn't have disks 1 or 3 of season 5 of "Friends" and I was kind of.... really upset. Blockbuster doesn't have "Friends" at all! I am soooo mad about this because that's the season with "The One Where Everyone Finds Out"--- which is, I think, one of THE funniest episodes of anything, ever. That and "The One Where Everyone Turns 30" with drunk Monica's surprise party. Seriously.... I could watch her "surprised" reaction 100 times and it would never NOT be funny. Pure comic genius, my friends.

Did you know you can subscribe to Newsweek for $20 for 54 issues??? That's AMAZING. I want to do it.

Lent starts tomorrow. I decided to go with the giving up cookies. God, I miss them already. I'm not even Catholic... this is a BAD idea... Why do I do this to myself?

I feel as though I should go work out a little, but since I'm sort of sick I'm also thinking that maybe I... shouldn't. And I kind of DO want to but then the other part of me is like "No, Alisa... your bed is warmer than.... the elliptical machine." I'll probably just go. It's been so long since I worked out.

Living near campus makes me feel like I'm at camp or something all the time. Or like how it was at Huron. Like... I could go hang out with my friends whenever I want to. Ok, I guess this was true all of last year in LA, too... but it was also somehow different. Oh, and, I've never actually been to camp, so I could be completely wrong.

Ok, so yesterday Ali, Kelly and I read through "The Servant of Two Masters" and it is FABULOUS and sooo funny and to quote my dear Smeraldina,
"If I were a queen, I'd make every man who was unfaithful carry a branch of a tree in his hand, and I know all the towns would look like forests."
The BEST part is that the next play we have to read, "The King Stag," has all our favorite characters back for more fun! Hooray!!!

Wow... if I am this excited about an 18th century Italian play I guess I really need to get out more...

No comments: