Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I love not working.

I went over to my grandma's today to visit and do laundry. After one unsuccessful attempt, I perfected the "magic trick" Jon Mazur taught me. My mom cooked me dinner and kitty... was adorable. As always.

I went right from there to rehearsal where we had our first dress. I know she'll probably never read this, but I'm still a little scared to say it... I really hate my costume. Act 1 I can understand, but Act 2... really?? I mean, I guess it's not really even her DESIGN, since it's a hand-me-down costume, but it just doesn't make sense. I look just as poor as I did in act 1, and the track suit doesn't even FIT. Sarah wore it in Working and she is 5'2"... I am 5'6"! The pants are way too short, as is the jacket... I felt like my mic pack was showing the whole time. Plus, the color is ridiculously ugly. I just look... awful. I did have a brilliant idea for my hair in act 1, though. They wanted it to look bad in act 1 and good in act 2 so I was like "hmmmm..." but then I thought "We can put it in foam curlers for act 1 and then it'll HAVE to be pretty for act 2!!!" Plus, it's just funny that I am in curlers. My hair looks really cute when it's so curly... I had no idea those things worked so well. Besides my sadness over the costume, the show went pretty well. It seemed to go really fast for some reason.

I really want, nay NEED, to read "Blue Like Jazz" and "He's just not that into you." Both books were sitting backstage at rehearsal and I wanted to steal them... but I didn't, because that would be wrong.

After I got home I was checking my stuff online and I got a message from Jim with the subject line "Just so you know." I was thinking "OH NO!!!!!" and was about to grab my phone to be able to call someone (it's the day before Valentine's Day and he wrote a vague subject line that I interpreted as "He has a new girlfriend") when I opened the message and saw what I didn't expect to see at ALL... Jimmy got mugged last night. I think I was reading it like it didn't really happen or something. I read the first line and almost thought nothing of it... and then I stopped and reread it and was just like "WHAT??" He was walking outside his apartment on the phone at 1:30am (he lives close to downtown LA and he was alone... I can't say I'm THAT surprised, even though he DOES live in a good neighborhood) and two guys ran up, knocked him down, took his wallet and punched him in the head. :( I called him.... he said he was ok. He said he has a bruise on his face and his head hurts but mostly it's kind of psychological, now. I guess it's good he's in therapy already. I feel so bad for him. How awful. I was never really scared to walk by myself at night in LA... maybe it was really stupid to feel that way.

Oh yeah... Happy Valentine's Day, tomorrow, everyone. This is the first year in 7 years that I don't have a boyfriend on Valentine's Day. I'm sure you can understand why I'm very not happy about its arrival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be your boyfriend tonight.