Saturday, February 18, 2006

Well, opening night was overshadowed by the fact that my mom, upon entering the theatre, tripped over the step to her row of seats, laid on the ground for 10 minutes, SAT THROUGH THE WHOLE SHOW in a ton of pain and then told me what happened when I went out to greet afterwards. I thought she was kidding. Her right foot was really swollen and she could barely walk... she kept saying how she didn't think she needed to go to the hospital, but of course I took her. We were there until about 3am. Jen joined us around 12:30. She sprained both ankles and fractured her left one a little. They have it in a splint because it's not like broken, but a piece of the bone chipped off. She obviously can't go to work for a few days.

The sad thing is that the cast from her broken wrist just came off on TUESDAY--- three days later and she's back at the hospital with another broken bone. She was so embarrassed. I felt so bad for her... She has crutches and jen I and keep telling her to "keep her foot at the level of her eyes" (a la Phantom of the Opera). I don't think Dad is going to be happy... or Grandma.

Anyway, so, after we got out of the hospital my mom still wanted to take me and Jen out to eat, so we went to Denny's. It was smokey and filled with drunk losers, but the food was better than normal, and we laughed a lot, so it was ok. I JUST got back from taking her back home and retrieving my car from MSP. What a long night. It's hard to believe it's already been 8 hours since we started the show.

I think it went well. The audience was filled with theatre people, so of COURSE they were appreciative. I think they all hated Jack's Mom, but maybe that's because her costume is RIDICULOUS. Christine said my dying was really good and that made me happy. I didn't really even get to talk to that many people because shortly after I got out there Ben came over and told me where my mom was. She was really lucky she got him... she said she just asked a random young looking person and figured they would know me. MOST people don't know me, so the fact that she asked Ben is... amazing. But anyway, since we are so over rehearsed, I think things were just... pretty normal. At least for me. It was nice to FINALLY have people there to laugh at the "That's ok, too" line, though.

Sooo... woo ITW or something. Boo for STAIRS.

I don't know if the cast party was fun since I was at the ER. But it's ok... we had a surprisingly good time at the hospital.

No comments: