Friday, February 17, 2006

1000th (tripod) post!!!!

I spent a great deal of time thinking about what to write about for this "monumental" blog post. I even started to write one earlier in the day but it ended up being stupid... As I was driving to Giant Eagle after rehearsal I realized something amazing, though, and knew it was what I should write about. And it's something I didn't think I would be able to feel for quite some time...

I'm HAPPY.

I haven't felt this way in months.

And I'm SO happy that I want to cry. Oh, irony.

Today was... really good. Well, theatre history wasn't good, but everything after that was. Rehearsal went really well again, and I am soooo excited for tomorrow. I kept talking to Jessie while we were getting ready... "So, it's final dress. We run 'as performance' tonight, you know. So. Jessica. What are you going to do if [insert any and every time she is on stage] goes wrong??????" I had a good time with that and later I sang the "No One Is Alone" rap for her. It was amazing. I also started laughing hysterically during warm ups because I was imaging "Piece of Eight" from COE and the final show.... haha.

So, as many of you know (or maybe just my sister and Dad), "Into the Woods" is my favorite show. It HAS been my favorite show since I was 10 years old and would perform it for grandma with Jen. As everyone on this earth knows, I was not exactly happy with CASTING. However, I really have a lot of fun with my role and I am really loving this production. The first time I heard the orchestra I got teary eyed. When I think about the fact that *I* am actually IN this show, I get teary eyed. I am so, so proud of everyone in our cast and crew and the work we've all done. This show is HUGE. It's huge for everyone... cast, lights, sound, music, all crew... it's a ridiculous undertaking that I can't BELIEVE a college is able to pull off so well. I really would NOT be saying this if I thought otherwise. I am too close to the material and I am so judge mental of our shows at KSU. Yes, there are problems (aren't there ALWAYS?), but I think it's going to be an amazing show and I can't wait to open tomorrow night.

It's so sad that every opening has to have a closing.

I don't think I'd be this happy if it weren't in part for this show. As I was saying to Bryan tonight, the show alone is a full time job.... and there is no other job I would rather do. It's also due to the fact that I have such amazing friends around me all the time. I don't know how I lived a year without half of them. I love all you guys. I don't think a lot of people know how much it means for me to say I'm happy again... but it's kind of a big deal.



Happy Birthday to my roommate/best stage manager ever TARA!!!

Thanks for reading this, friends and random strangers. I would have been able to get to 1000 posts without you, but it's kind of nice knowing that people care what I'm thinking for some odd reason.


If you're in the vicinity, I highly recommend coming to see the show!!! KSU theatre webpage for tickets and info and such.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations!! And have a wonderful run.

~Chris