Sunday, February 12, 2006

Well, yesterday was definitely the longest day in the history of time. I (luckily) woke up 10 minutes before our makeup call at 10am, learned how to make myself 40 years old, came home and showered, and then went back to Stump to start my life as a person who never was able to leave the theatre. It wasn't horrible. And, you know, since I'm not the Baker who is on stage pretty much the whole show, I had a lot more down time. Sitz went ok, we ALMOST got through the whole show. We had to skip any kind of underscoring for act 2. We did NOT finish the show with cue to cue, though. You'd think in 8 hours of cue to cue, we could finish a 2.5 hour show... NOT SO, my friends. Not with 500 light cues and a whole bunch of sound and fly cues. We even skipped a lot of stuff and didn't finish. I THINK we're just going to not finish it.... we have our first dress tomorrow. I'm excited.

One of the ladies in the pit made us all chicken soup and cookies for lunch and Angeline's parents provided dinner for us, which was all SO nice. Everything was REALLY good, too. They brought cake for 70 people, so we had these HUGE pieces (which of course, no one could finish), and then Jon Mazur got really mad because he couldn't finish the cake. Since I got to die so soon after we started the show last night, I spent the next 2.5 hours sitting, wishing I was asleep, trying to find interesting things to read in the newspaper and showing Griffin the Shining and Brokeback to the Future videos. After we were done, I went out and rented season 8 of Friends at the old Family Video, and fell asleep watching the 6th episode.

I slept until 11:30 this morning, had some tea and soon I'm gonna start getting ready for the BALL this evening. I'm excited. I don't know what I am going to do with my hair, though... I wanted to find some kind of spray in blonde (with some massive roots), but I don't think they actually sell that kind of product. I guess I'll just have to make it.... ugly. I think I might need to go to target.

I am not supposed to work at all this week (I might pick up a shift on Wednesday morning, though), so tomorrow I am going to do laundry and read and work out, and it is going to be wonderful.

Ok, so yesterday I was doing my favorite thing ever, looking at what classes I can/need to take next fall. I really actually do love that... I don't know why. Anyway, so I HAVE to take music theory and theatre history in the fall to be able to graduate. Normally this isn't a problem because they're on opposite days. But now... they changed music theory to EVERY DAY 8:50-9:40, and theatre history is on tuesday and thursday from 9:15-10:30. I wrote TK immediately, because that's kind of a huge deal. I figured there were only two options.... we'd have to miss EVERY tuesday and thursday class of music theory the whole semester (which I don't think would go over too well in the music department), or they'd have to make us our own musical theatre theory class (most of the stuff they teach in theory will never be used by us). They've been thinking about making this class anyway, but I think now they're going to have to really push the plans into high gear. I am really happy that I DID drop music theory the last time I was in it, now. I feel like the 5 of us who this affects may come out the best musicians of the group, too, just because we'll be focusing on things that we'll actually USE like ear training and sight singing (as opposed to part writing and composition). YAY!

I had a dream Jim called me to tell me he had a new girlfriend (I just realized that will probably be the next time he ever calls me... and whereas before in my life, I would have been excited for him to call me, now I am dreading it like I am dreading... death. This is, of course, if he is polite enough to call... he might just write. I don't know.... either way, I hope celibacy is in his future, somehow) and I was just like "Ok, I can't deal with this" and hung up the phone. I probably dreamt about this since I was telling Griffin how afraid I am that it'll happen on a day when I am not going to see anyone, and will go crazy because I'll be all alone with no one to talk to. He said I could call him anytime and if he wasn't there, he'd call back asap... and that is why I love Griffin Parsons. Even if this happens in like a YEAR, it's still going to hurt, so... like I said, I am dreading it a lot.

In unrelated news, the Linkous's are coming to see ITW and I am so happy! Dix huit, are you and Katie coming? You shoooould... student prices are only $7! :)

Ok, I should really start showering.

No comments: