Saturday, February 25, 2006

Alright, well... today was.... what it was. I spent the first hour or so after finding my car cleaning out all the crap so that I could get to the floor to vacuum it later. Then I called my mom and found a place to get the new glass put in, but I can't do it until Tuesday because of both our schedules. Then I spent $4 in quarters sucking up all the glass that was EVERYWHERE (and probably still IS everywhere) and then drove to Wal-mart to buy tarp, duck tape and scissors. It was soooo freaking windy out today that the first piece of tarp I bought BLEW AWAY while I was trying to put it on and the wind made it so cold that I'll probably get sick from being outside so much.

I was so furiously mad. HOWEVER, as I told my mom, it could have been worse. It could have been the front or back windows, or they could have taken something. That's right, NOTHING was stolen. All my books, CDs were still there... everything. They just broke the window. At first I tried to give society the benefit of the doubt by thinking that perhaps because it's so windy something got blown into my car... But then I saw all the broken brown glass next to the window... and then when I was driving I noticed that beer had been poured all over my windshield... and then... you know, I was filled with an uncontrollable rage.

It's not even that I think someone did this to ME---I think it was just drunk college LOSERS. I imagine the conversation went like this:
Drunk guy #1: Woooooooo!!!
Drunk guy #2: Dude, I am sooo wasted!
DG#1: Yeah!!!!!
DG#2: Whoa, look! A CAR!
DG#1: Whooooooooooa. (DG#1 starts to fall onto the car)
DG#2: Hey, no way, man. I am cutting you off.
DG#1: But... there's still beer.... left....
DG#2: (takes bottle and pours contents all over innocent Chevy Cavalier) Not anymore!!
DG#1: DUDE! (Suddenly very awake) That's good beer!
DG#2: Hey, this car STOLE YOUR BEER. Let's throw stuff at it.
DG#1: I... ok.
DG#2: (takes beer bottle and throws it at full strength at the car window. The window explodes.) SHIT!
DG#1: WHAT? SHIT! DUDE! What do we.... Dude! That window just... BROKE!
DG#2: RUN AWAY! (They run to a safe distance)
DG#1: I sure do love President Bush.
DG#2: Me too.

That's what I get for living in an apartment complex where one apartment proudly displays a Taco Bell sign in their window and another has their collection of empty wine, liqueur and beer bottles on the ledge for everyone to see. Pure class, my friends.... pure, unadulterated class.

I am too old for this.

No comments: