Sunday, November 20, 2005

I was going to go see Harry Potter (alone) today, but then I found out my dad had to go to the hospital, so I just stayed home.

He was acting really weird yesterday; breathing funny, being "confused"... but he said nothing was wrong. Today he left for Sandusky at 11 and at 3pm his boss was calling the house asking where he was. That scared ME more than it seemed to scare Jen, but then she called mom at work and mom told us he went to the hospital. Jen started crying immediately, so I took the phone. I guess his heart was beating really fast. He called us like half an hour later saying he was coming home. I mean, I guess he's ok because they probably wouldn't let him leave the hospital if he wasn't. Regardless, it was scary, and they gave him more medicine and he'll be home until Wednesday.

Dad's had a LOT of heart problems (surgeries starting when he was only in his 20s), so you kind of have to take everything seriously.

We can't celebrate Thanksgiving until next Monday because my mom is working so she can get the double time and my dad will be working. Of course, IF I get cast in Into the Woods, the first rehearsal/read-thru might be on Monday, so I might miss Thanksgiving altogether.

Yesterday I went to Kent as I said I would. Terri had already signed me up for an audition time, and then I saw Bryan, who told every single person we passed that I was back (half these people were like "...who?"). I was so nervous. It was so scary. I copied some stuff from the score, but I don't have anyone to practice piano with, so this is going to be... interesting. Terri came in while I was copying and I almost cried when she hugged me... I kind of didn't want to see her until I auditioned. That's not why I almost cried, though. It was just... a lot of stuff. Anyway, then I saw Ryan Washabaugh, which was sooo nice, and then I went to financial aid. They got my loan going, I paid that loooong overdue bill, and now I am officially registered for TWO classes. Only two because I need permission to register for theatre classes, and most of the classes I wanted to take were already filled. Right now I am planning on a Tues-Thurs ONLY semester, so I can work the other three days.

I'm going to go in to the OG on Monday and hopefully they'll give me a job. I need money SOOOOO bad...

I also went to see Jen play the oboe in Amahl at Akron.... she did well. The show was kind of funny. I don't really like the MUSIC but it was sung very well.

Hopefully I'll get to see Harry Potter tomorrow... I can't believe I've waited this long already.

No comments: