Sunday, November 06, 2005

God Bless Tuck at work. For the second week he's let me go into his section, when he needed money. Today he even transferred a check over to me and let me keep the tip on a table I didn't do anything for. He is my MG savior.

Sadly, I didn't make a lot of money tonight. I THOUGHT I had made more, but... I had this table of 8 19 year olds, and when I was counting their money the first time, I was counting the $10s as $20s, so I thought they left me $25 on $100. At the end of the night I realized, nope, they left me $5 on $100. I was sooooo pissed about that. I also had this party of 20... 10 kids. Luckily the parents tipped me $32 on $160, so it made up for it. I made $70 tonight. Too bad it could have been $90 if those kids wouldn't have been so effing cheap.

Tuck's continuous generosity made me think a lot tonight about how amazing so many people in my life are. I like to think that I'm a relatively good person. I care about people really deeply and I try to help them when I can. I paid it forward once, to jenni jarrell. ;) I hope that the support I've gotten from so many in the last couple of weeks is because of my past but also to help me remember in the future what I need to do. As much as everything sucks right now (and it does), there are some really amazing people out there who obviously care about me a lot. And I've still got good old God. If NOTHING else, I've still got Him.

I have to work again tomorrow morning. I guess the Suite Life only needs REAL adults on Monday, so I'm only gonna be there on Tuesday of this week. I picked up a Monday night shift but I need to be gone the whole day because they are "fumigating" the apartment. Not a big one with the tent and stuff, just a little one. I haven't seen any bugs, so I don't know if it's THAT big a deal, but whatever. It's not like I can stop them.

Tomorrow after work I'm gonna try to go to church and then clean up/sort/pack some. Hopefully this week I remember in Union Station NOT to get on the second train in the station that doesn't even go where I'm going.

Oh yeah, and I just TODAY got a package from Dix Huit that she mailed on Oct 27th for my birthday. The packaging was all beaten up... I HATE OUR MAIL!! I still haven't gotten Jen's over nighted CD... sigh. But, now I officially have two birthday presents. I also got a gift card from Jim's mom because she is cool like that. They are nice ladies. Thanks again, both of you.

Ok, bed time.

No comments: