Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ok, so... I'm back. My voice lesson was fine, I get to sing from the Mikado so.... hooray, I guess. My costume fitting was, fine, (I guess), too... ALL my costumes are hand-me-downs from past productions. From my track suit worn by Sarah Lyon in Working to my t-shirt worn by DONNY in the Wild Party... I wasn't too thrilled about that. I mean, I realize they're totally poor (like meeee!) in act 1, but this track suit is REALLY not what I was expecting. They said "it's like she's shopping at K-mart instead of goodwill now!"... I was thinking more like she was shopping at Nordstrom instead of goodwill... but whatever. And the jeans I get to wear are a size 14. I wear a size 8 MAX. It's cool. They're gonna fall off. It'll be funny. I'll use it. It's a bit! :)

Our run through went pretty well last night. The show is less than 2.5 hours total (my high school's was OVER 3 hours!), but TK wants to knock like 10 minutes off of Act 1 with timing and a quickening of the pace. I think it can be done. Maybe. I guess we'll see, anyway. I definitely think it's a good IDEA, though, because there are a lot of parts where I have no idea what to do (i.e., when they're feeding the cow all that stuff), and I'd like it to be less awkward for ME. :)

Oooooh... I called Brinker and they're reissuing my final paychecks since the FREAKING MG NEVER SENT THEM. I can't believe my GM just LIED to me about it, too. "I was just calling to see if you guys sent my paychecks like we talked about last week..." "Oh yeah, I sent them." LIES. WHY, PATRICK, WHY???? Now I just need to call central and request a new tax thing...

I went to Wendy's for lunch and they gave me a spicy plain chicken sand which instead of a regular one. Normally I would have a huge issue with this... but I must have gotten used to Chipotle, because the spiciness didn't bother me.

I wish so much that I didn't have to go to work. I could really use the time I'm there to do other stuff... like sleep or try to understand what on earth was going on in "The Rover."

I think it's a venti frappucino for dinner tonight. THAT should make my rehearsal energy pretty high. And then the AWESOME crash afterwards... oh yeah. Sounds good.

I use caffeine like other people use... speed... or diet pills... apparently.

I'm really tired. Probably because I had fast food. And also, probably because I wake up at 8am and go until like 12:30, never getting to really rest. Even when I get down to the computer lab, I have 3 internet explorer windows open so I can do other stuff.

Oh yeah.... so I haven't seen any episodes of American Idol because of rehearsal... and I think, i THINK... I may be over it. This may change when I can actually watch again... but right now I just don't even care.

No comments: