Monday, January 16, 2006

I wasn't going to come home today, but then I realized that A, I don't know which classrooms I am supposed to go to for class tomorrow (and I better check my schedule), and B, since I already took part of theatre history 2 (but dropped it before the first test), I already have most of the books I need for the class. I was thrilled to find my Worthen at the bottom of a shelf, so the ONLY book I might need to buy is the Importance of Being Earnest... which I might have in my box of plays. I have no idea what's in there... there are just SO many... so who knows.

We were really busy at work and it was REALLY annoying. I actually had a woman who couldn't pay the whole bill, today. That's never happened before. She's a regular, and I remember her coming all the time from when I was a host, so I had a manager come over and she took everything off for her. I think under any other circumstance, this would have really bothered me, but the woman felt really bad and she said she either lost or forget to bring the $20 she was supposed to use for lunch, and she only a had a $5. Anyway, she ended up tipping me the $5, and even if she would have been able to pay, her check was only $6.33... so I made like 90% off her. I am SURE I would not have gotten $5 if she would have had the money so... yay.

Anyway, I made $50, and for a Monday LUNCH that's... incredible. I guess everybody wanted to par-yay for MLK Jr. Day.

It's unfortunate that I don't have enough time to write something about that man, because, as you would know if you checked my myspace profile as much as I do, MLK Jr. is one of my favorite people. I don't think I ever really understood racism... or sexism, but that's a different story.

So, school starts tomorrow, and for the first time in.... many years... I am excited. I think taking a year off and not doing practically anything was the only way I could have finished, though. I was really at the end of my rope when I left. I didn't care about ANYTHING. I'm hopeful that the caring will return, now that I've had time to realize school isn't completely the devil.

Oh, and also, I hate my job and the people I work with. Actually, I think that's WHY I hate my job--- because I hate the people I work with. Not all of them, of course, but most are so boring and stupid and MEAN. I ALWAYS thank the salad maker, every single time I pick up a salad, and this jerk lady was just getting on my case for NO REASON. I don't like her.

Computer lab opens tomorrow, too, so I'll be able to update from there between class and rehearsal. Woooooo.

No comments: