Friday, May 12, 2006

Well, look. I did get to update. I am sure you are all... so relieved.

I just had my last day at the Falls OG. I am so glad. I started to get really sad there today, not because I will miss ANYONE I worked with... but because I won't miss anyone I worked with. I have never felt more useless and alone then I did there... which may be why I hated it so much. There was only one manager I liked, no one ever really tried to get to know me or anything, a lot of the people were jerks... it just sucked. And then today... this one kid asked where I was going... I told him about JCS, etc and he asked when and where it was going to be performing, so I wrote it down for him... and then I saw it in the trash a couple of minutes later. I mean, why even ask, you know? I realized fully that there is MAYBE one person who works there that will notice I'm gone (besides the kids i went to high school with) and that makes me feel bad.

But really, I must be filled with some serious estrogen lately because I have been an emotional nightmare.

I had to write Lara a message today telling her that she hurt my feelings yesterday. It was so weird... I was just about to leave MSP when I heard the voices of some of my favorites, so I went to go look and Lara, Griffin, John, Jessie and Brooke come around the corner. I was all excited (I'm like a puppy in that respect) and then it was like "What's wrong with your face???" "Alisa, did you DYE your hair?" "You're killing yourself, you know." and I was literally backed against the wall like "uhhh.... I don't know what to say to you folks right now..." I felt really horrible about myself for the rest of the day, but for some reason the look on Lara's face made me more upset about anything else. She felt really bad, and I know she didn't mean to hurt my feelings... it was just a weird situation. I just have a lot going on right now, and I'm usually pretty easily hurt, so ... yeah.

So, moving sucked. I got all my boxes down before Rob got there, so I was already exhausted (it's never good when you sit down and the room is moving BEFORE you move the furniture) because of all the steps and the heat/humidity, but luckily we were able to get the furniture down without too much trouble. Some random guy off the street did have to help us with the bookshelf, though. EVERY time I've moved someone random has helped me carry something. Unloading was a LOT easier, although there is definitely no room left in the storage unit. When I got home I was so tired and hungry that I ate a pot pie, like 8 cookies and then some Ramen noodles. I felt really sick after that.

I did end up sleeping on the blanket floor... it wasn't comfortable but it could have been worse.

Tomorrow is the "big day." I hope I feel better then I do today.

No comments: