Saturday, May 06, 2006

Alright. Sooooo... Omega Man was only the best thing that ever happened to me. It was so wonderful that I feel like I don't know what I am going to do with my life anymore. I was looking forward to it so much and now it's.... over. At least I have the Banquet tonight.

Anyway, so I got there hella early last night, but it did pay off at the end of the show. We sat in the front row and I think I cried the entire time. The drag number was just ridiculous. Darvin looked especially hilarious. I really, REALLY enjoyed Dane's talent and Otto's... jeez. Lara and I were sitting there holding each other because we were afraid he was going to die. I can't BELIEVE he wasn't in the top 5. All the boys looked amazing in the formal wear part of the competition and Danny's "farewell performance" as the reigning Omega Man was SOOOOO funny. The top 3 ended up being Phil (who was surprisingly hilariously awesome), Cleric and John was the winner. After everything was done there were like "Oh we have these t-shirts" and Griffin throws one into the audience... and I threw myself to get the t-shirt. It was truly a mistake to do so. I mean, I got it (after everyone yelled at Rick to give it to me), but the back edge of the chair went between my back ribs and I hit my funny bone AND my thigh on the arm rest. Everyone A. Thought I was drunk (obviously I was not. I just do the things normal people do while drunk ALL the time) and B. kept asking me if I was ok... which I AM.... but it really hurt. Kind of a lot. And I have this big bruise on my back and I'm really kind of lucky I didn't break any ribs. It reminded me of two years ago at the banquet when they were like "the first person up here gets a door prize" and I ran like hell and couldn't stop and just ran right into the table. I am... so smooth.

So, after the show, a bunch of us went to Guaca Mole's (which is the stupidest name for a restaurant EVER) and I was afraid we were going to get kicked out and then we went to this place Michel's for karaoke. I sang my OTHER signature song "Part of Your World" and dedicated it to Anton Chekhov. It was only slightly fun as my body was really starting to fight back for the stunt of earlier and I was getting really stiff. So, I went home shortly after I sang and then watched Anchorman, which I had never seen before, but was really funny. I feel like I need to see it again, though, because I was so tired I think I missed some stuff.

And today I just have some banquet getting ready for to do. I would really like to put some highlights in my hair before it, but I doubt I have time. Well... maybe I have time. I do have like 3 hours. Who knows. I like how the banquet is "our" prom.

Ok, here's some beautiful pictures from Omega Man that I stole off of Danielle's facebook album.

All the competitors.


Danny, Danielle and Griffin.


Opening Drag number with Darvin, Gabe, Dan, Dane, Cleric and John.


More opening number...


And even MORE opening number (featuring Gabe and Dane)


There is NO ONE who has more fun in their major than we do. And props to EvB for being the absolute coolest faculty member of all time (and an AMAZING improv rap artist!!!!!!) and supporting all of our weird endeavors. He and Dr. Bank.... I don't think anyone is as student oriented as they are. That is so awesome.

No comments: