Monday, May 01, 2006

So, I went to work for a couple of minutes before they told me they didn't need me and then I came home.... but while I was there I realized that not only is it my half birthday (wow, I can't believe it's already my half birthday... and I know it doesn't make SENSE that it's my half birthday, but there is no April 31st, so I had to pick something) but it is also the 8 year anniversary of my very first 1st date. Ever. Coincidentally, I went to the OG on THAT May 1st, too....

I've been thinking a lot about some stuff recently... I don't know how to say this without sounding like Narcissus... I think I've spent so much time during the last 8 years doing everything I could to make other people happy that I didn't know who I was or what made ME happy. I feel like this year I've learned so much. A lot of it I really could have done without knowing, but I've also learned to really love and appreciate who *I* am. And listen... I'm really freaking awesome. That's what I've learned. And the best part is that I am awesome WITHOUT needing anyone else in my life (besides the obvious friends and family). I had to change myself so much for my boyfriends... and I don't know why that was necessary. I'm a BETTER person without them.

So... until I can find someone who loves me for ME.... than I just don't care. :)

And that's what I've discovered recently. The end.

No comments: