Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ok, so I haven't watched American Idol all season, but let me just say something. This Chris guy.... was good. He was really the only good one on the show. Therefore, I am not at all surprised he was eliminated last night. It wasn't the case last year, but every other year... think about it. EVERY other year the best singer in the competition was in 4th place. Latoya, Tamyra... and uh.... the second season doesn't count, either. So, apparently, this happens every other year, and I stand corrected. HOWEVER - I now hate this show, and am very glad I didn't watch it.... even though, despite my hatred, I will probably watch another entire season before the 10 year contract they have with Fox is over. And for THAT I hate it even more.

I am getting my Uhaul today at 5pm. woooo. Last night it was so hot in my room that I went out at midnight to the two local giant eagles to see if they sold fans.... which they did not. It sucked real bad. Before that, though, I watched "The Family Stone" which I didn't know if I would enjoy or not, but I REALLY did and "The Dead Poets Society" which I had seen before, but it's good, so I wanted to see it again. Sometimes I hate that movie, though. Especially when Neil's parents find him. Their reaction is horrible. I mean, it's GREAT acting, but it makes me... just.... I can't even describe it. The feeling I get while watching that scene is the worst feeling... ever.

I just took Bryan Guffey to MSP and he was in NYC this morning and got hit by a cab. He's ok... and sorry, but that story is really funny.

I just said goodbye to Jon Mazur, possibly forever, in the computer lab. I hope I DO see him again... we've always been good friends. Well, except when I was in California. And that time we sang a duet together.... that was great. In the words of Ryan Washabaugh, "When I die I would like you and Jon Mazur to sing harmonies for me in Heaven." Will do, my friend... will do.

So, since I didn't shower yesterday, showering TODAY was like the most amazing thing ever. My hair is.... it's indescribable. You should see it. Really. I'm really excited about it.

We're moving all my furniture out tonight and I'm wondering whether I should do a makeshift floor bed out of blankets or see if Grandma will let me stay over. I am sure she WOULD, but I might not know what is going on in my life until later tonight, when she's in bed. I definitely don't want to sleep on the floor from Friday-Saturday because of a certain callback I have that I kind of need to be perfect for. I feel as though sleeping on the floor would hinder my performance in some way.

I am SO excited about Porthouse this summer. I wish it were starting sooner than 6 weeks from now. I mean, I have the feeling that I haven't had for three years.... I call it "The Huron Feeling." I bet this is because of the excitement about Porthouse starting AND the fact that I am moving to Huron for those 6 weeks.

If I don't get to update tomorrow (which I might not---- I'm supposed to work in the morning and the computer lab closes at 5pm) I will "see" you all on Saturday after I get to Huron. Cheers to having at least 2 days off COMPLETELY with absolutely NOTHING to do but watch the sea* out of my parents' window!


* Yes, when I say "the sea" I am referring to Lake Erie.

No comments: