Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ugh. I worked for 5 hours. For the first 2 hours not a single table came in. And then when people DID start coming in, we had so many servers on that I only had 2 tables before they cut me. I made $10 in 5 hours.

Our managers are all "We ask for your patience. You don't want to come back here in 6 months to eat and see a line out the door and think 'i USED to work there...'" And that's true. I have no doubt that business is going to pick up (September is the worst month for restaurants of the year, not to mention the fact that we just opened)... and I'm sure that in a couple of weeks we'll be making money.

But what are we supposed to do NOW?

Everyone is starting to freak out. NONE of us are making money... I'm just one of the lucky people who have a lease expiring at the end of the month and can't afford a deposit for a new apartment. I thought getting a job at a new, better restaurant would be... BETTER. And the tips HAVE been better... but since I stand around for HOURS without any tables, it doesn't matter. I have $450 in the bank, $50 in my wallet, my emergency cash... and that's it. I can probably make $100 on Saturday, HOPEFULLY someone give'll me their Friday shift... but then... ugh. UGH UGH UGH.

And Jim was all "get a second job" and I PLAN on it... but that still doesn't help me now. God, if only I would have known. I would have only cut waaaay back at the OG and not quit.

This sucks. I don't know what to do.

I didn't even WANT to talk to Jim about it, because he's never really nice when it comes to me, and things I'm "supposed" to be doing, but I did, because he made me, and then he was mean, just as I knew he would be, but it didn't help... and that guy needs to learn that he doesn't help. He just makes me feel bad. And I ALREADY feel bad, so he just makes it worse.

So, I get home from work and start calling the 2 bedroom places I've been eying on WSR... and my two favorites are already rented (why do they keep the listing up if they're not available?!?!) NOW I'm afraid even if by the grace of God I make some money in the next week, all the places in LA will have someone already living in them. I know that's really unrealistic... or IS IT??

And THEN Jim said I should stay in Leona's apartment for a couple of months... but I already have a roommate. And Dustin HAS to move, too. I can't just leave him high and dry.

BOO. I hate this.

No comments: