Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hmmmm.... well, not too much has happened, apparently. As you probably heard (I have no clue why this was national news), the power went off in basically all of LA. I thought it was just my apartment complex. So... I read some and then took a nap. Later I found out it was everywhere. And, as you can imagine, the MG was none too pleased about the power going off in the middle of their opening day.

Yesterday Jim and I went to free food weekend at the MG. Matt was our developer (he's ALWAYS my developer) and it was a delicious. Later I went to Tribe, which was fine. I have problems with Tribe, though. It's hard to explain. I don't dislike anyone there... but I do hate the drumming... but that's not the problem. It's like I won't LET myself like Tribe. I think it's a mixture of not wanting to like it for the sake of Jim and also because he changed after he started going there. It's a bunch of mixed feelings. I'm so closed off, though.... I think, even if I COULD "feel it" there, I wouldn't let myself.

Today I worked at 3:30 (we didn't re-open after the power outage until 4pm), but sadly we were really slow. Probably a mix of the power thing and no one knowing we were open. And too many people working. I took 5 tables. I only got one BAD tip, but most of my checks weren't too high. I made more than I would have at the OG, though... I BETTER.

Before I left for work (and obviously after the power came back) I was looking on westside rentals for a place for the four of us... and I found a 3 bedroom, 2 bath PLUS BONUS ROOM house for $1700 in North Hollywood. I pay $1700 for a 2 bedroom NOW! I couldn't believe it. I REALLY hope we get this place because that would be amazing.

No comments: