Monday, September 19, 2005

Today is my brother's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROB!!!!

I'm at Jim's office in Pasadena. I stopped by for dinner since it was on my way back from Ontario. I can't believe I drive for hours just for a 5 minute audition.

Anyway, it went really well. It's kind of... weird... though. It's at Gardiner Whittier Spring Auditorium, which is this really great theatre.... but it's at a high school. I mean, granted, ok, the high school is humongous, but it's still kind of weird. They're casting all the lead roles from age-appropriate people... ie, they won't have like... a 17 year old playing belle or the beast. However, the high school kids are allowed to audition for the chorus. And when I got there I saw this huge crowd of kids standing outside. One of them (a GUY) yells "Ok, who's singing from "Wicked"? I'M singing from "Wicked"!" Then these two girls stopped me. "Are you auditioning!??!"
"Yeah."
"Who are you auditioning for??"
"I dunno... whoever."
"WOW! You should audition for Belle... Hey, do you want to sit with us and sing back and forth to eachother??"
"I don't really think I have... time... for that. Do you know if we're supposed to sign in or something?"
And then, luckily, some big red haired girl saved my life and directed me to where the "non-student" auditions were being held.

There was only one other girl there who looked presentable. She went first, but she picked a really bad song... and I went second. WHILE she was going though, this boy sat down next to me and started talking to me about... his life? God, I don't know. It was so surreal. I had just driven like 50 miles and there were all these high school kids... argh. So, anyway, I went in, sang "Meadowlark", sounded really good, and then they had me read. The read went well, they asked where I live... the music director lives there too ("You guys can car pool!!!" - The Director) and then they thanked me, I thanked music director because "Meadowlark" is NOT EASY to play, and then I left.

Jim thought this story sounds a little pathetic... and yeah, I guess it does. But you know what? If I get cast (and not cast in YAGMCB), I WILL be doing this show. The directors are from LA, I'd be playing a great role in a great show in a huge theatre... I don't care if the chorus is composed of all high school kids. You wouldn't know that from my resume... you'd just know the role.

I just want to be cast in SOMETHING. I don't care which show, just one of them!

Other than that, we have one option left for a four bedroom apartment... Erin checked it out today and loved it. If the security deposit is low enough, we're gonna probably go for it. If not, we're splitting back up to pairs, and I'll just have Dustin as a roommate. I already know where I want to apply if that happens. I just hope I have... money. Because money is not something I have right now. Dear MG, please start bringing me people who will tip me $20 per table. And let me have 40 tables before I have to pay rent. Thx. Love, Alisa.

OH MY GOD, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!! HOW AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO MOVE!?!?!?!

Ok, ok, ok. Dear God, please provide this for me. Thx. Love, Alisa.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No comments: