Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Yesterday we went to Red Lobster. I don't eat food of the sea, but they have chicken, so it was ok. We also went on a midnight trip to Wal-mart and I got SOCKS!

I finally got my JCS score in the mail. I am now even more excited... although a little... confused. I mean, I wish they would tell you which part you are singing and any solo lines or something. Based on the other girls in the ensemble I am thinking I'll be singing soprano, but then again half the time I HAVE to sing alto so I just don't know. I think I'd actually rather sing alto for this show... anyway, it sucks since I have to learn BOTH parts and any kind of solo line just in case. I'm sure a lot of people feel this way about this...

Today we went to this little olde-timey... soda shoppe place in vermilion. I got a black cow (which is chocolate ice cream and rootbeer) and a cheeseburger. It was really good. It had all those olde-timey drinks and stuff. I kept thinking how it would be a great place to go on a date... but then I remembered, OH YEAH, I don't have a boyfriend.

Then we went to Marblehead and the lighthouse. I took cell phone pictures. HOORAY!


This is... the sea.


Here is the sea facing west (you can't see it in the picture, but there was a cool house and put-in-bay island in the distance)


The mighty waves of Lake Erie crash onto the rocks!!!


More mighty waves... and a "mysterious" shadow...


Jen took this picture of me. I had NO IDEA she was taking it!!!


The lighthouse


Another pseudo-art picture I had Jen take of me where I pretended I didn't know she was taking it... despite the obvious pose. I look really tan.


These people actually didn't know they were having their picture taken... but I wasn't trying to get a picture of them. I was TRYING to get a picture of Cedar Point because you could see it really well with your eyes... though not with the camera phone.

I THOUGHT we were going to Prehistoric Forest and I REALLY thought we were going to the African Safari Wildlife Park, but neither of those things happened and I was so distraught I refused to sing the Star Spangled Banner no matter how much Jen asked me to. Instead we went through a car wash... and I admit, car washes ARE fun, but they're no African Safari...

So, my brother's new band The New Civil War Adventure Band is playing up here on Father's Day for my dad, and I really need to go to this because it is bound to be really funny, but I am also sad because I'm going to miss Colleen's party. Boo. I like Colleen a lot and this is just... a shame.

And finally, I will leave you with a video of the 1982 Tonys performance from "Dreamgirls." Jennifer Holliday is so AWESOME in this that words can't even describe it. If nothing else, you MUST watch the last half... although I really think you should watch it all. She is AMAZING.

No comments: