Saturday, June 24, 2006

"Dames at Sea" has gotten very good reviews so far. When I went to read more of them I found this very handy-dandy rehearsal/show report blog which made me laugh a LOT. I love reading rehearsal reports, especially when the stage manager includes ALL information... like when my mom fell and broke her ankle at ITW... that was definitely in the report the next day. And when that old lady walked out of the show because Chris was being "unprofessional" by talking to the audience AS THE NARRATOR of the show. I wish I could meet that lady. She sounds amazing. Amazingly STUPID. :)

We went to see "The Davinci Code" today. Even though I hadn't read the book, I knew the basic premise and I GUESSED the identity of the blood line pretty early on... but I still liked it. It reminded me of "Dogma" which is another awesome movie. I am obviously aware that it's not a true story... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a massive church cover up and Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married. Not that I am saying they WERE... ;) (Like I would know... the world may never know.)

Since I have to learn JCS without a piano I've been listening to the CD a lot. The music is not at all hard, but it is really... funny. (By "funny" I mean "very 1970s" with its "hey cool it, man" and whatnot.) I really like Carl Anderson as Judas (he makes it sound so effortless) and I LOVE the electric guitar. I guess that's good since it's a rock... opera. My sister and I have differing opinions on the electric guitar in musical theatre. She thinks there is no place for it (especially in the title song of The Phantom of the Opera) whereas *I* think there should be WAY MORE OF IT. I think there should be an electric guitar in EVERY pit orchestra and that it should play the melody along with the singer... hahaha. That'd be awesome. Can you imagine how much better "Annie Get Your Gun" would be with an electric guitar?? Anyway, I really HATE Yvonne Elliman on this recording. She slides literally every note and I just want to shake her and scream "THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SING!!!!!" Apparently it's how SHE sings... but it shouldn't be. She sounds like crap.

I can't believe I have to pack tomorrow. I am actually going to miss this boring town. Well, really, I am going to miss the lake. I wish Porthouse was on the lake.

No comments: