Thursday, June 08, 2006

Since June has arrived I have felt the need to actually... go outside. These 6 weeks are going pretty fast now... Porthouse move-in is only 2.5 weeks away. I think I should really ENJOY the fact that I do nothing right now because as soon as Porthouse starts the time will go WAY too fast and suddenly it will be August and summer will be over. And then... you know... I'll be sad. I like school and I like seeing my friends every day and being involved with stuff but there is just something about summer, you know? This is the whimsy talking. I just have SO MANY good summer memories... I don't think I've ever had a BAD summer (knock on wood). I have, however, had bad every other seasons (blame this on boys) so I never look forward to them AS much because of the whole... memory thing. But summer... summer is untainted. Summer is pure.

I think the next sunny weekday I am going to go down to the Boat Basin and just... sit there for a while. There's benches. Everyone likes a good bench. There is just nothing to do here except enjoy the scenery. Unless you OWN a boat... then the sea is your limit. We don't own a boat and the nothingness of Huron is our limit.

I went for a run and laid out again today. I wasn't out long before it got cloudy, though, and laying out was pointless. It made me feel good about life, though... I must have had low vitamin D or something.

No comments: