Sunday, June 18, 2006

~The Musical Survey~
What's your favorite musical?
"The Last Five Years", "Into the Woods", "Kiss Me, Kate" and "Hair"
What's your favorite show tune? Oh... I don't know... they change all the time
Who's your favorite Broadway actor/actress? PATTI LUPONE AND JENNIFER HOLLIDAY!! :)
What musical do you HATE? "Dames at Sea"

Now we'll get to your musical self!
Are you an actor/actress?
Yes... I think
Do you WANT to be and actor/actress? Yes
What was your favorite show you've been in? "Rocky Horror"
What was your most recent show you were in? Violet
Have you ever been in Les Miserables? No
Have you ever been in The Music Man? Yes
Do you know and like the shows above? Les Mis is ok, and I really DO like the Music Man a lot.
What is your dream role? Cathy in L5Y
Do you want to be known as a singer who acts, or an actor who sings? The latter
What is your vocal range? E below middle C to E above high C
Have you ever worn a wig for a performance? Only as Fruma Sarah, which is kind of surprising
Have you ever fallen of a stage? Yes, but now during a show
Do you take any classes that have to do with voice or dancing? Yes, as it is my major
What age did you start in the theatre buisness? 13
jazz shoes or jazz boots? I HATE jazz boots
theatre or theater? theatre
What is your level in dancing, like beginner-advanced? beginning intermediate level
Have you ever heard of Idina Menzel? Yes
Have you ever heard of Craig Shulman? Haha... no


So, I'm back here after leaving for a while. I went to see "Dames at Sea" at Porthouse and it was a great production of a show that I hate. Everyone was very talented and it was directed well and it was entertaining... but my God, that show is the worst thing in musical theatre. I mean, "Anything Goes" and "42nd Street" are fine by themselves... why combine them into one ridiculously stupid "new" musical? Anyway, after that I stuck around for the opening night party and got to see a lot of my friends. I was very happy that Ben and Ernie were there. I talked to Jessica Baudry for a long time about the "female image" which was fun. I ALSO got to sleep in my future temporary apartment. Oooooooh...

The next day my sister and I moved Christine's furniture into a Uhaul and then into my grandma's house. I hate moving. I think I've talked about this before. I always get so mad and start yelling at people. Jen left shortly after for a wedding and I took a nap and spent the night at my grandma's. Now I am back here and it is FATHER'S DAY! Happy Father's Day to all the dads, including MY dad.

No comments: