Monday, June 12, 2006

God Bless You Tube for giving me access to many of my favorite broadway bootlegs including the heartbreaking "Color and Light" (from SITPWG...and not a bootleg...), "The Schmuel Song"!!!!! and "Climbing Uphill" from L5Y, "Here I Am" (and many more) from DRS, and although there are a TON from Wicked, this was my favorite... Norbert's last show and the "As Long as You're Mine" duet. I totally forgot that I loved that song... in fact, I forgot that it even existed. I may or may not have lost my Wicked CD about 2 years ago....

Anyway, it's not like I just "discovered" You Tube today.... but I did discover the musical theatre part of it today... while I was trying to find a clip of Patti LuPone singing "A New Argentina" from the Tonys in... 1978 or something. You see, I have a mild obsession with Patti. She's freaking incredible. And I KNOW this clip exists, since it's on Broadway's Lost Treasures I... but I don't have it. And I NEED it. I want to play Evita, now. I didn't before.... Patti LuPone made me want to play Evita. And I want to play Florence in Chess a lot, too.... not that they're... the same... but I was thinking about that recently, as well. Someday I'll make a list of all the roles I want to play and no one will care... but, you know, I can use it for reference or something.

LaChanze won the Tony for best actress! How exciting... and what tough competition she had.

I was thinking today about how I can't wait for the day when you can REALLY watch anything you want whenever you want. Old award shows, those Broadway performances they have in the library in NYC, any movie, and episode of any show... I mean, I KNOW the day will come eventually. It will be so awesome.

I took kitty for a walk today. She was happy. *I* looked silly, but she was happy. She is now in the process of playing with a pencil underneath the table beside me. She's a fierce hunter.

We went to the OG here for dinner and it was delightful. It would have been MORE delightful if they would have actually given me a job when I tried to transfer there.... but I can see why they didn't. It was surprisingly empty for Sandusky in summer on a Sunday night.

Oh, and yesterday I was kind of... emotional.... but today I am WAY better.

No comments: