Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Yesterday was a pretty good time. Jim, friends and I went to Huntington Beach. He and Rob went surfing while I got sunburned really bad on the beach with Rob's wife, Selena. I had sunscreen on.... but I usually never get burned (or tan) on my legs or feet... but yesterday there was definitely an exception to the rule. You'd laugh at me if you saw my legs... oh, God, and my BACK. It is so red. I had to wake up in the night to put aloe on, that's how bad it is.

Anyway, the beach there is really nice. I guess Orange County knew how to do one thing right. Seriously, we went to Starbucks before the beach and all the girls in line were dressed like they were move stars... but they're not. The REAL movie stars don't even live in OC. None of them. I don't even know what kind of people live there... rich people? Probably. Someone who has seen more OC or Laguna Beach could probably answer that for me.

So, later in the day we saw the Surfaris (who wrote a little song called "Wipe Out" that you may have heard of) who Dave, the worship leader/Rebecca's husband/Jim's friend (what a title), is the drummer for. I bet you didn't know that. He also drummed for freaking Keith Richards a couple weeks ago. Dave looked like he was having fun, and it was enjoyable. I wore ear plugs because I have sensitive ears! (NERD ALERT!)

Ok, so after that it got kind of bad because Jim and I decided to put stuff back in the car and when we got back from that, every single restaurant or food place was on a huge wait. After a long, long, loooong time we finally decided to get cheeseburgers and roasted corn from these two stands. Those four things cost $17. Yikes. It was then getting really cold so I was really sad (and scared because i CAN'T get sick before this audition on Sunday). I wrapped myself in the sort of wet towel and we watched the fireworks on the beach with the others.

I'm not crazy about fireworks. I mean, they're ok, but Jim said they were among the top 10 things in LIFE, which I definitely don't agree with. They're always the same. And they're always disappointing because no one ever writes "Annie" in the sky with fireworks (something I've wanted to see since I saw the original Annie movie).

So, after that we went home. And we were all s-s-s-s tired.

Now you can call me "Aloe girl." I work tonight at 6.

No comments: