Thursday, June 30, 2005

Yesterday was the longest day of my life.

Well, first I went to breakfast with Jen and Rob which was funny. Rob played all these songs on the jutebox about waffles and grills and breakfast.

After that i sat around for a while because I was so tired and then I had to get ready to go to the airport. We left at around 4:45pm, got there at 5:10 and traffic was backed up for a long time. When it was finally time to pull into the airport there were all these cop cars and some mean cop guy yelled at us saying "The airport is closed today! Call your airline!!" He was SUCK A JERK and because of him I almost didn't get to leave yesterday.

So, we had no idea what was going on and we drove into some parking lot and I called Delta (who was no helpful AT ALL. It was probably a 25 minute phone call and they spent 15 minutes trying to find out what happened at the airport. I called Jim on jen's phone and he found out in 5 seconds.) Since the cop guy told me the airport was going to be closed the rest of the day I didn't think that waiting around to see if they reopened it was a good idea, but I finally just did because the Delta people were so unfriendly and unhelpful. My mom finally got through to the actual airport and they told us they had just reopened it. My flight was supposed to leave at 6:10 and it was, by this point, about 5:55.

So, we drove back and I ran in and then, luckily, I found out the plane had been delayed an hour. This was bad only because I was supposed to have only an hour layover in Cincinnati so I didn't know if I would make it. I tried calling Delta again to see if they had delayed THAT flight and this person was even worse than the last one. She kept saying there would be a $50 charge to change reservations and all this other stuff and I was like "Look. I don't think you understand what I am saying to you. All I want to know is if I will make my flight tonight!" After much hassle she finally told me I would have 10 minutes from our expected landing to the expected takeoff to LA. I wasn't worried for me so much, because I am fast, but I was worried for my luggage.

So, we took off a little early and got off the plane.... I had to book it because I was in terminal C and we were leaving from B. I speed walked through the airport, right onto the plane. Then I found out we were delayed half an hour because of other flights that were running behind (mostly because of the Akron airport scare, but also because of weather). This was good because I knew my bag would get there... but then it was 9:30 and we still hadn't left yet. We sat there for an hour.

The flight was ok... I got to see "Hitch" which was only a little good, but I mostly listened to music and stared out the window. I never got to eat anything besides that waffle all day, so the in flight snack of cheese and crackers was welcome. Of course, that's the ONLY thing I got to eat that day.

We finally landed at 11pm pacific and then, I am not kidding you, we had to wait for about 40 minutes before we could get off the plane because the jet way was broken. I couldn't believe they just didn't let us off the emergency exits or something. We were all just standing there. Luckily, this meant our baggage was just spinning around the carousel, waiting for US, so that was the only quick thing of the day. Then I waited for Jimmy to pick me up and he somehow passed me so I had to wait for him to drive around again which put him in a bad mood, and I was so tired and hungry, so it was just not fun.

Anyway, so today I slept until 11:30ish and I'm going to eat some food, get a backstage, and go to work at 5. Woo.

No comments: