Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I never noticed how not dark the LA sky is at night until tonight. I looked up and thought "I wonder why it's so pink" and then I realized I live in the second biggest city in America. Funny how I JUST realized that.

So, I made $70 at work tonight (after a little drama involving a party of 9 that was in my section that someone else tried to take). It was a good night. All the good people were there. I kept hearing people talk about the tsunami warning and I was like "WHATEVER, you guys. There's not gonna be a tsunami. Even if there was, we would be fine. But there won't be--- I'm a geologist, I know these things!" (I'm not a geologist. That was a lie.) And then Chris ran over all freaked out saying that Nino was at his table 46 and he didn't want to take him so he begged Ed to. This, of course, freaked ME out and I was like "nooooo! I wish I didn't know!" but then Ed came back and said it wasn't Nino and then I looked at the guy, and he didn't even look like him, he actually looked more like Jim. Then I was like "What is with all these lies? There's no tsunamis, no Nino..." and Chris made some funny comment about Nino riding in on the tsunami, which I am still laughing about.

Anyway, the tsunami watch or warning or whatever it was was true, but there won't be any, so rest assured.... that we won't drown tomorrow. Especially since there's this big mountain range blocking the ocean from us. It'd have to get up the big hill and then travel at least 5 miles down Wilshire and then MAYBE it'd still be strong enough to reach the second story of the OG... but I doubt it. Come on, guys. Seriously.

Jim said he might go surfing tomorrow and I said "not with the tsunamis! and he said "if the first ride I ever catch is a tsunami, that'd be pretty cool." Tsunamis are no laughing matter... but they do make pretty damn funny images in my mind.

I wonder why when you throw babies into water they can swim, but some adults can't swim. WHY WHY WHY???? And why anyone drowns at any age.... if we can swim naturally. Why are we so messed up that we forget how to swim?

Thursday is taco night and I can't wait!!!!

The Costa Mesa Playhouse is doing Urinetown. I don't think anyone needs to know how excited I am for that.

No comments: