Saturday, June 18, 2005

Man, yesterday was so... long. I worked a double (as I tend to do) and made like $80 for the day... which, you know, is better than $0 so I guess it's fine. I don't usually mess things up at my tables but for some reason yesterday I messed up three times! Only one of them was so noticeable that I had to tell the table, though, so it was ok. I didn't get stiffed at all, which is always nice. I also got a little overtime. Yay...ish.

Today I work at 6 again. I just got back from another delightful lunch at Johnnie's and then Jim took me to OSH to buy hardware and crap for his project. I don't like going to stores with him because he has no rhyme or reason to how he shops AT ALL. We'd go up and down the same aisles over and over again. It drove me crazy.

I also thought there was another earthquake when we were there, but it might have just been the shaking of the OSH building since I felt it a couple times. Apparently a lot of people here are afraid The Big One (tm) is going to hit soon, which I think is kind of stupid. Of course, I also didn't know there was such a thing as "pre-tremors" so it's not like I'M an expert. Hopefully, if it does hit, I'll be in Ohio and when I come back my car, the kitty and all my friends will be safe.

Jim's crazy land lady is painting the house yellow. The painters are really in the way, though, and because of them Jim ran over someone's flower pot because the painters left it in the middle of the driveway. I think they should focus on fixing up the INSIDE of the apartment (with all its water damage and other problems) rather than the outside, but I'm not a crazy land lady. Maybe she has her reasons. Crazy reasons.

Oooooh, after taco night we watched The Empire Strikes Back and then Return of the Jedi, since I had never seen either of them. I had thought that Luke found out Lea was his sister in ESB and that Vader was his father is RoJ, but, you know, I was wrong. SO, when Vader said he was his father I was actually surprised. Haha. I called the Ewoks teddy bears and those big, mechanical things with legs dinosaurs. I also felt like I was watching Lord of the Rings. These movies are far better than the "new" ones and it amazes me how much better the actors are (save Ewan McGregor, who can do no wrong.)

No comments: