Tuesday, March 07, 2006

YAY!!!!

And Thank God!!!

I got a B on my theatre history test! And it was an 87 1/2%, so it was a HIGH B, too!

I was so scared. She always writes out the grades on the board... there were 4 A's, 8 B's, 5 C's, 10 D's and 18 F's. She lectured us for the last 15 minutes of class about how much we suck. When she handed me my test I just... stood up... and then practically collapsed because I was so excited. I also don't think I had been breathing for the last 15 minutes.

When I had finished TAKING the test I felt pretty good, but as time went on I started to feel more and more like there was a chance I just did everything wrong and had failed it. This morning, though, I remembered that I knew ALL the objectives on the PLAYS and I kind of talked myself out of the fact that I could have failed for a couple of minutes.

The BEST part is that I totally got 30/30 on my Way of the World essay... the one I THOUGHT I was confident on, and then really started to doubt myself after the test (even to the point of wondering whether or not I had answered the question at all). It's also really good that I knew A LOT about Collier's "Short View of the Stage" (and how much of a weiner that guy was), because that saved my BS'd "Beaux Stratagem" essay.

I felt bad being happy because so many people failed, some of them being my really close friends. :( But that's why we have our reading group and study sessions, now! So this doesn't have to happen again!

Tonight we're reading "Hernani" which already seems horrible, if I am judging it on no other information than the name of the play. Sometime this weekend we are going to go over Brockett stuff because that is how ALL the cool people spend their Saturday nights. I'm already scared for this next test because there's a TON of Brockett stuff and I HATE the German language and feel like I am never going to remember all those horrible, ridiculous German words. Haupt und staatsaktion, I hate you. Already.

I have to sing in studio today. I was thinking about trying an experiment over the next couple of weeks. I am thinking about sitting in random parts of campus and seeing if strangers just come over to talk to me. I probably won't actually do this.

I got so much sleep last night, and it was really wonderful.

Few things could upset me today. Please God, and karma, do not take this as an invitation to bring me troubles.

No comments: