Friday, March 31, 2006

I'm a really patient person and I put up with a loooot of crap and (usually) keep my mouth shut. But there are some times when I really fear that I am not going to be able to wait for my life to begin.

I can't believe I could come back to Ohio after living in LA... but I also don't think I realized just how hard it was to leave a city until I revisited a huge city. You know, when you're living here you can kind of forget that other places exist, just to make yourself happy. But if you GO to these places you end up with a problem. A crying on the M60 heading towards the airport problem.

I'm really glad I DID go back to school... but mainly because I don't think I could have delt with my life at the time and I really needed the support of my family and friends. I like my major and I like my classes (even the stupid LERs) but man do I hate it here. And people kept offering me places to sublet in NYC over the summer (and one was only for 5 weeks/$500 on the UPPER WEST SIDE!!!) but I'm kind of afraid if I did it... I wouldn't come back. I mean, I'd HAVE to... but how could I? I am just soooo sick of this awful college transitional waiting period. I want to DO something... and what I want to do CANNOT be done in Ohio.

Anyway, my trip was awesome. I spent most of the time alone, which sounds kind of scary, but it wasn't. If you spend a significant amount of alone time while traveling, you start to feel like you live there. I figured out all the subways lingo (I'd have to be an idiot not to) and it was just really great.

Saturday I had lunch with Jon and Griffin and then I went to see Spelling Bee with Patrick. We got $25 standing room tickets and the show was sooo funny. I loved it. After that I met Alison at the times square OG for dinner (everything is $5 more than it is here and even $4 more than it was in LA. They also have auto gratuity on EVERY check.) since I was still lugging my suitcase around, we headed back to her apartment on Staten Island not too long after that. The next day I got up at 7:30 to get to central park to watch her come through the finish line of her half-marathon. I spent the rest of the day basically alone (I did go to Colony with John Moauro), walking around, doing a LITTLE shopping (a skirt) and I saw the Producers (which Hunter Foster was in, so that was cool). That night I had dinner with Alison again and then went to bed.

Monday I met Dan, Lauren, Amber and Marissa in the village for lunch. Dan showed us where he worked and took us to the Magnolia bakery (for some of those famous cupcakes, cousin). I am IN LOVE with the village and need to live there.... right now. I saw a lot of people walking dogs there. Anyway, after that we went to Dan's apartment in Harlem and then to the showcase. Everyone did really well and MOST of the people there got totally drunk off of the free wine that I was made to pour for everyone. I also talked to TK about Porthouse... which maybe I'll reveal the details of at a later time. That night it was too late to go back to Staten island so I spent the night at Adam Howard's apartment. In the morning I went back to Alison's, and then back to Manhattan where I had lunch at the Chicken Bar on 8th and 45th and won the lottery for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels tickets, saw Julia Roberts, went BACK to the Chicken Bar an hour later for dinner with Patrick and then saw what was maybe the best show I've ever seen in my life. Joanna Gleason (the reason I wanted to do theatre), Norbert Leo Butz, Rachel York... it was like... the best thing ever. And since we won the lottery, we were right in the front in the box seats. Everyone in that cast is ridiculously talented and ridiculously beautiful and it was during that show and the subway ride home that I said to myself "You HAVE to do this."

Wednesday I just hung out with Brandon at his apartment in Harlem (which was soooo nice) and then took the bus back to the airport. It was so sad. I want to go back... right now. Especially because David Schwimmer and Paul Rudd are starring in plays at neighboring theatres and uh.... I love them.

Oh, and no, Chris Kateff never called me and he sucks. :)

Today I am working a double, tomorrow and Saturday dinner shifts and Sunday I work in the morning. I hope to make some money. I had to go to the Falls library to use the computers because the internet is still down at my apartment and my last table stayed forever, so I couldn't drive back to Kent between my shifts without having to turn around and drive right back. It's so beautiful outside today...

And Weathervane is doing The Last Five Years in November...

And if I need to say anything more than that last sentence than you don't know me well enough.

I missed my blog. I'll update more often now that I'm back. :)

No comments: