Thursday, March 16, 2006

I had my Porthouse audition today and... well... it could have been worse. I was SO NERVOUS because of my monologue that when Mel played my note I thought, for some reason, I was singing my second song first, and ended up not exactly singing the first couple of words on any kind of... pitch. It was like... speaking. For some reason. Luckily the thought "What on earth are you DOING!?!?!?!" popped into my head and I was able to jump on board the song... then in my second song, at this one point it was like my voice dissolved into a million little pieces. I don't think they noticed ANY of this, though. Definitely not the sing-speaking thing, and although EvB certainly did pop his head up on my "dissolved" note, TK was looking on in what can only be described as awe. I THINK that was passed as an acting choice rather than a... thing that has never happened to me before. My monologue was... fine... I was just sooooo nervous. I turned into shaky hands mcgee for a while. After the audition was over TK said "REALLY great audition, Alisa!!!!" which was sincere rather than... sarcastic. Oh, and everyone looooved my dress. So, I mean... it was not a personal best, but hopefully I don't think things were THAT obvious, either so.... there you go.

After that I went to see "Jar the Floor", which I LOVED. It was so funny and moving and although some funny technical things went wrong, it was still really great. All five girls did a really nice job. I was verrrrrry impressed with Adrienne.

So, today I talked to Brandon and he said this to me "I gave Ben Vereen a haircut on Monday." I don't think it completely registered at first. I was like "Are you serious? (Long pause) WAIT. ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!??!" Ben's wife is in Pajama game, and liked Brandon's hair and asked him to cut Ben's. Ben Vereen gave Brandon a $100 tip (I said I wouldn't have kept the money---I would have asked for a dance or song instead) and then.... AND THEN.... invited him to a party next week at LIZA MINELLI'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

He's going to it.

I don't EVEN know what to say about that.

My parents got the apartment in Huron!!! Yay! I'm excited.... it's gonna be really weird at first, for me... and probably really sad... but it apparently has an amazing view and is right on the lake so I think I'll be able to get over the whole "ohhhhh, this is where my relationship began" thing. Hopefully, anyway.

I'm really hoping to work a double tomorrow, despite it being the day of My People (aka the Irish, aka St. Patrick's Day). Almost everyone I know is getting drunk... not ME... although I hope the people at my tables do and then tip me a lot. Maybe I'll wake up early (hahahahahaha!!!!!!) and go to get a green bagel somewhere. That would be fun.

Man, I am sooooo glad Porthouse auditions are over. I'll probably use that monologue again in the future, but it is SO NICE to not have to worry about it again for a while.

No comments: