Saturday, March 11, 2006

God, look at me. I'm not working out AGAIN... but I should be. I said to myself "Oh, you don't have to today because you walked a lot at work." But I still should, anyway. But now I can't, because IF we are studying tonight (I don't know whether or not this is happening, yet) we'll probably be doing that around 9 and I wouldn't have enough time.... and... well, I suck.

So! Last night I went to see the Student Dance Festival. The dance concerts are usually my favorite part of the KSU season. I think this is because it's something I can't REALLY do but appreciate SO much. Plus... I generally "get" the choreography. Anyway, it was really fun. Otto is AMAZING!! I had a lot of friends in it this year, too, and of course they all did a great job... and I'm not lying... they're just good dancers. Part of me says to myself "Alisa. Next year is your last year. Despite the absurdity of this thought, maybe you should audition." I kind of want to, but I also DO realize the absurdity of the thought. I think it'd be really fun, though, and really the ONLY chance I would ever get to do something like that.... so maybe if I can work on some stuff I'll think about it.

I finally watched the "Rent" movie last night. It was better than the PLAY... but I had some big problems with it. First off, man is Roger UGLY. Second, when he's singing "Your Eyes" to Mimi as she's dying, he looks like such a creepy bastard. And THEN she dies... and wakes up... and she's TOTALLY fine. It felt, to ME, like it was all a joke they were playing on Roger. Especially when Maureen comes over and says so nonchalantly "Her fever's breaking." I laughed a LOT. Angel and Collins were def my favorite part. They were not only adorable but reeeeaaaaaaallly good. The Joanne was good, too... and who can really replace Anthony Rapp as Mark? No one. After I started hating it, I really stopping paying attention to "Rent," and since I was too young when it came out to understand a lot of stuff, I never noticed until I saw it NOW how terrible and sad everything is. I never even realized Roger was afraid to start things with Mimi because of the AIDS. What was WRONG with me when I was 14 that I didn't realize that?

I also think Maureen is supposed to be really bad at slam poetry. It's either that, or slam poetry is SO STUPID to begin with that you can't help but be awful at it.

I am trying to find a monologue for next week's Porthouse auditions and it is really, really hard.

I was in the smoking section today at work. It sucks in there. There's the obvious fact that there's smoke everywhere, which is bad to begin with, but it's also the furthest away from dish AND for some reason it was like 100 degrees in the building today. HOWEVER, you sell a LOT of alcohol in the smoking section and for some reason... people leave better tips. In my first two tables I made $18.... and they were both parties of 2! Infact, ALL my tables were parties of 2, and I made like $65 on a lunch. AND we were slow! If it only weren't for the smoke, I'd want to be there every shift. However, I don't want lung cancer... nor do I want to ruin my vocal chords... so I'll just deal with not making as much as I could.

Haven and Christine were at the OG today. They weren't at one of my tables (why NOT, you guys??) but it was fun to see them. They asked me why they boil lobsters while they're still alive. I was like "Uh... this isn't Red Lobster," but then proceeded to tell them about how fish do not have a sense of self, so perhaps it had something to do with that. Probably not... but I took a guess.

Tomorrow I am going to work and then going to see the Opera through the music department. No other words for that.

No comments: