Wednesday, March 22, 2006

This picture of LA makes me so sad. It's so beautiful... gross air and all.

I just keep picking healthy cities.

SO! Today is Alison's Birthday!!!! She's 27 today (which is unbelievable) and has already run the NYC marathon and on Sunday will have completed I believe her fourth half marathon! 5 years ago I bet she never would have thought that possible... but look at her now, world!!! Amazing!!!

I am SO EXCITED about my trip this weekend. I am totally taking some form of mass transportation BY MYSELF from LaGuardia to the Ferry station. Alison gave me directions last night on what buses/trains to take... I also have the option (if I get too scared) to taking a cab all the way, but I think I'll be ok. I mean, hello, I did live in LA for a year. And... you know... when I took the subway THERE I took it by myself. Granted, the subway system in LA is the equivalent to the bus system in Portage County (ie, it has a very limited route and hardly anyone uses it) but STILL. I am sooooo excited about mass transportation. Jeez, what is my problem?? I'm not excited about passing the statue of liberty every day, or (hopefully) seeing a show, or just generally being in new york... I'm excited about the SUBWAY.

NERD.

So, I called the Linksys people last night to see if they could help me get internet back in my room, and they said to buy a new wire... which I can't do until after spring break is over and rent is paid for. Dammit. I'm gonna have to keep using the computer lab for quite some time. I THINK there is still something wrong with the internet, though, because Tara had to call the time warner people last night about hers... so maybe, hopefully, they'll somehow fix everything.

In just a few minutes my sister and I are meeting up to go look at an apartment in indian valley because we want to live there sooooo bad next year. I don't care if we don't have "the best" of neighbors... I am SURE they can't be worse than the neighbors I have now who break the windows in my car!! Plus, it is SO CHEAP to live there, the apartments are NICE, and it's still really close to Kent and they allow kitties.... or should I say "kitty", as Rule #1 is "No more than one cat."

Later today I have to become Joanne Presley and pretend I have horrible stomach problems and then I have rehearsal tonight. I ALREADY got up at 8am this morning to do laundry...

Last night I watched "Sideways" which was interesting because, as we all know, I am a wine connoisseur (who doesn't drink wine and thinks everything about it is gross. But I KNOW a lot...) but other than that it was.... okay... I guess. It actually made me really mad at times and THEN made me REALLY question what actually happened at a certain Burning Man event last year based on the shady homecomings of someone I used to know....

Guilt can tear a man's soul apart...

Ok, I guess I need to go meet Jen, now. I'm gonna try to pick up a shift tomorrow night (I HAVE to work because I can't go to NYC with this little money) so I don't know if I'll be able to update, but I'll try to squeeze it in.

No comments: