Sunday, March 19, 2006

My second shift started out okay last night.... but then one of my tables took both credit card receipts so I didn't get a tip from them (I was sooooo sad... it was a $65 check!) and then I had the STUPIDEST people I've ever encountered in my entire life at my last table. I had to explain every single thing to them... and I'm not talking just like what one entree had in it or something, I'm talking EVERYTHING. What the cheese WAS (not type of cheese... what it WAS), I went over the soups THREE TIMES, every salad ingredient, I had to tell the woman at LEAST 5 times about our two salad dressings, what angel hair is... EVERYTHING. It was mostly the woman (who, incidentally, had implants), but the guy, who was probably about 10 years older than her (I'm guessing she was about 35ish), and was apparently trying to get this woman into bed, started acting like he was completely AS clueless to everything as she was. They tipped me 10.5%. I wasn't surprised. They were such MORONS...

In fact, they were SO stupid, that now I am considering selling my eggs (hey, I might never have children) because I am NOT a moron, and one less person in the world who doesn't have moron genes can't hurt. I'm so scared for the human race.

Today's shift was hardly any better, but it went relatively quickly. Sadly, the average tip was about $3 (people were so cheap today... and it was def. mullet central in the OG), but somehow I managed to make $50 before I walked out of the door.

After that I went pretty much directly to "Violet" rehearsal, and then I went home and finally watched "Fever Pitch" (I've wanted to see it for about a year, now). It was pretty good. It didn't hold my interest as much as I would have liked, but I really like the Red Sox and I really like Drew Barrymore, and the ending was pretty good, so I enjoyed it. I also rented "Wedding Crashers" which I am excited to see.

Tomorrow I have to work in the morning and then are the JCS callbacks. I am definitely going to do the following things tomorrow:
A. Wake up really early and stretch
B. Go to work and try to be an extra and if I can't, then request to be in a section where I'll get replaced earliest
C. Go home, change, stretch more and go to callbacks
D. Wear my "Jesus is My Homeboy" shirt as a gimmick to get cast

Griffin said MAB told him it was more or less going to be an "edgy movement" call rather than a dance call, which is good. THAT I can do. I think I'll try to wake up at 8am tomorrow to work out... it probably won't happen, but a girl can dream. I think it'd be good to do before I'm gallivanting around in a leotard.

No comments: