Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Look, it's Erin!!! Hopefully we'll get to see her in the opening show of the tour in Columbus... if not, we have to wait until like JULY until they come through Cleveland.

So, we read through "Hernani" yesterday. First of all, it took THREE HOURS. Second, it was THE WORST PLAY EVER. Seriously, Ryan and Cleric said it was good... said it was "one of [their] favorites"... well, it was CRAP. Yolanda summed it up best with "Nothing happened for 100 pages and then they all died."

But it did remind me of Lord of the Rings... except not THAT much because LOTR doesn't suck.

Ok, so after that I had another late night workout (something I will be doing as soon as I finish this post, also). This morning I had theatre advising for next semester. TK was happy I had everything planned out, we had a nice little chat and both almost cried.

She asked if I was seeing anyone and I said no, not now... and then was just like "But I feel like, for the first time in my life, I don't NEED to be. This is the first time I've been single in 8 years and I really couldn't feel better about myself." I think that's really surprising... I just didn't ever imagine myself being okay with this. And not just "okay"... REALLY GOOD. I'm sure sometime I'll want to date someone again... but it just doesn't seem important right now.

And I really like that.

I watched "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and "Waiting" today... both were hi-larious. If any of my Sterling friends remember what it was like the first time you saw "Office Space" and thought to yourself "Oh my God, this is my LIFE" (I almost turned around in the parking lot of work to drive away the night after I saw that movie once), "Waiting" is my CURRENT life. Well, without the food tampering... as far as I know. I really hope that scared people into being nicer to their servers, though. One of the girls was just like "I can't believe someone could be so rude to a stranger!" Ohhhhh... but they can. People are ASSHOLES, and I really feel like there are some people on earth who go out to eat JUST so they can be rude to someone who can't do anything about it. Those people... are assholes. As I said.

Tomorrow Allison and I are taking a road trip up to Sandusky to audition for Cedar Point! It sounds like soooooo much fun to work there...

So, I'm doing this medical acting thing for Ohio University in a couple of weeks where I have to pretend I'm "Joanne Presley" who suffers from abdominal pain. Although I have to claim that I have diarrhea 8 to 10 times a day, and memorize all these fake symptoms of my abdominal pain, the most embarrassing part is that "Joanne" is a smoker who is 22 and MARRIED. I can't believe I have to say that I smoke a pack a day. GROSS. I don't think they'll believe that part. My skin is just too non... rubbery.

No comments: