Monday, March 13, 2006

I AM going to update today. Nothing has been happening...

It rained today. Wooo.

Last night we tried to read "Ticket of Leave Man" which was impossible to understand. With thirty pages left I stopped everyone and asked if anyone understood anything that had happened thus far. They hadn't, and we assumed that if we DID start to understand, it wouldn't matter anyway, as we didn't understand more than half of what happened. So we gave up and gossiped instead.

Because THAT is what we DO...

Oh my gosh, so yesterday I had to go see "The Marriage of Figaro" performed by the music department... and I feel like I am going to have to start using drugs to be able to forget this opera. It was unbearably terrible. Thank GOD Griffin was there so we could support eachother through the ordeal. I don't think the opera itself is bad... I mean, HELLO, it's Mozart so it CAN'T be bad. The performers all had lovely voices.... but that doesn't matter if you can't hear them at all (in the third row) nor can understand a word they're saying. Worst. Direction. Ever. It was like watching a high school perform it. The director was on stage during the TWO INTERMISSIONS (!!!) with a drill in his hand, changing the sets. And THEN he actually would walk offstage, come back on a couple of steps and POINT at the orchestra conductor to start the next act. So professional. The best parts of the show were Shaina and this girl, Alexandra who actually sang AND acted. What a concept!

Wow, I am... mad about that.

I am so tired. I have to go to rehearsal soon. And then, I swear, I am going to work out. I'm going to have to start going in the mornings again because of "Violet." Eh.... sleeping was nice while it lasted.

No comments: