Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Man, yesterday was so stressful. I worked in the morning, which was stupid but luckily Nick let me not come in for my night shift. I wouldn't have, anyway. I didn't want to call off during my last week, but I was going to because I needed to help Jim with kitty and getting stuff ready (and no one would pick up my shift). It was such a waste at work, too. I didn't make 15% on a tip THE WHOLE DAY. Mostly 10% and then a few 11-14%s. Man... I was so unhappy. Ryan helped me out by working 8 hours so at least SOME of my night shift was covered, but Nick didn't seem to care anyway since we had enough people on. And that is why I love Nick.

So, anyway, I helped Jim load up his car and then we loaded kitty up and kitty was SO SAD to go back in the cat box. Jim and I said goodbye ( :( ) and then I started to drive back to my place. I sang to kitty to make him feel better, which worked for a while... until he had to go to the bathroom. And, you know, when a cat's gotta go, it's not like he can hold it. So, he did... and then he started FREAKING OUT because he's one of those cats who WILL NOT be near the stuff (he runs the second he's out of his litter box). He's already scared and confused, and then he's trapped inside a small box with his own crap... I think you would do what he did next, too. He threw up all over it. I'm practically crying by this point.. I felt SOOOOO BAD for him. The only good thing was when he threw up I was pulling into my complex, and he also stayed out of it. I ran him upstairs and let him out (let him out without the litter box, because I couldn't stand for him to be in there any longer), ran to get the litter box and then got his food and his perch and stuff. He stayed under the bed for a couple hours. I was so afraid I had traumatized him for life. I'm still kind of scared he won't ever go back in the cat carrier... but he's ok now. Kellee came in to meet him and he came out. He explored my room last night and today he's exploring my living room. He seems very interested in it, too. Today I'm gonna try to introduce him to the kitten for real. We showed them to eachother last night, but kitten was not ready for THAT jelly. Simon just wanted to smell her and she definitely wanted to swat at him. He'll be used to the whole place by then, so I think it'll be ok. I want them to be friends and cuddle together because that would be the cutest thing ever.

I don't think I have to work tonight. I put up a note saying I'd pick up shifts, but no one signed up (because if they wanted me to do it, they should have called me by now) so I'll check for sure and then... stay here. I don't want to work, anymore... especially since I'll be working every other day this week, including OG AND MG on Friday and Saturday and I want to go to an audition on Thursday night. So, as you can see, I need my rest, haha.

Jim called at like...2am. They still hadn't left yet. Apparently it's a 14 hour drive, so I hope they left not too long after that. He's not taking his car anymore, which is good because I'd be scared of him driving into the night with no sleep. I hope he calls me again before he gets there because I will have NO contact with him until he gets back. They're gonna be in the middle of the desert so no cell phones, internets... nothing. Which reminds me, if anyone out there REALLY needs to talk to him (i'm talking like, emergencies, not about your hair or something) call me and I'll call Eric (who isn't leaving until Thursday, and would be able to get him the message by Friday) but if it's after Thursday.. sorry. Dix_huit, I'm talking to you, here. Don't go try and contacting Jim, again. He won't be there. ;)

I'm gonna buy some groceries today. Yay.

No comments: