Friday, August 12, 2005

I realized that a lot of people who I have never met (and presumably will never meet) read my blog. That's cool... although strange, because I'm not really all that funny or interesting unless you know me. And even then it's to be debated.

I worked a split today. I only made $65ish for the day. I think my life could be better.... and yet, it could be worse, too. The restaurant has cooled down a lot since it was 85 degrees the other week. Thank God. I hated having sweat dripping down my face when talking to my tables.

During my break today I was eating with Ryan... and he told me about this dream he had where he was dating one of the Olsen twins. He said it was so great and she was such a great girlfriend... and when he woke up he was overcome with a great sadness and depression. Then, later, he saw an issue of In-Touch (or something) and it was talking about Mary-Kate's new boyfriend and he said that the depression swept over him all over again as he was reminded that he was never her boyfriend and never would be. This whole conversation was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Finally I slammed my fork down and said I couldn't deal with it anymore and he just left. It was so funny.

Jim's apartment got sprayed for termites yesterday so he had to evacuate kitty, who received the pleasure of sitting in jim's office all day. I went up to Pasadena to hang out with kitty who mostly just sat on the couch. He was NOT happy to travel, though. It was so sad to hear him inside the cage. He is ok NOW of course, but it was bad for a while. Anyway, after I helped him get back home I wanted ice cream from McDonald's and since I didn't want to drive there, I told Jim I'd buy him some if he drove. So he did, and then we realized we were really hungry, so we got food.. and then we ate the food and then got into a fight because of Jim's lack of sensitivity over my family's financial situation. I cried a lot. I tend not to talk about things that REALLY upset me... and I doubt any of you really know the whole story (except, of course, my sister) but maybe someday I'll tell it. It's really sad, though. Most of the time when I tell people this story they cry. Really. Well... maybe because the last person I told it to was Justin... and he is more emotional than most people I know. But still! I bet I could make at least one of you cry.

My whole body hurts. I don't know why.

I'm like... 40% done with Harry Potter 5. I am getting mad at the book, though. Harry is acting like such a jerk. And I'm mad at the ministry. Jeez. I suppose, however, that I'd be mad under his fictional circumstances, but I don't think I'd scream as much as he does. As I told Jim "I thought Harry was better than that."

Jim got last minute tickets to see Sigur Ros tonight. I stayed at work.

God, I can't imagine my life without Ernesto. He is so freaking hilarious. I wish I could videotape him. Unfortunately he's a vampire so he won't show up on film. I'm gonna miss him sooooo much when I go to the MG.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar dream about Elton John one time. I was soooo sad when I woke up.

Hope you cheer up, Ryan!