Friday, August 19, 2005

Grrrrrr. I just went to put $5 on my laundry card and the machine stole my money. I am mad. I called and left a message since this has happened before. I'll go down to the office before I leave for work today, too. When you're as poor as I am, $5 is a BIG DEAL.

Yesterday I worked a double... and I made a cool $10 during lunch. Wooo... hoo. I was breaker at night, so that $10 is already gone, seeing as though I had to eat yesterday and pay for parking.

Jim and I went to Chipotle and Cold Stone after work, which was good. I got low fat ice cream. Hahaha. I'm sure the fact that there is brownie, chocolate chips and fudge in the mixture will cancel that out. I actually like frozen yogurt and the low-fat ice creams, though. I don't know why.

Well, Lauren left this morning, which means I have the room allllll to myself for the next month. Hooray! Not that I mind having a roommate, but I also like... having my own room. I've been looking into studio apartments around town.... since I'll be working in the valley I think I might actually have to STAY HERE (which sucks)... but at least it's cheaper. Well, not "here" as in archstone because yes, I HATE HATE HATE ARCHSTONE (despite that article), but "here" as in the valley. However, I found a really cute studio in silver lake for $600 last night... I'm sure it won't still be there by the end of September, but a girl can dream. Dream about living near her hair salon....

Dear Christy,

I would like you to come visit. Please accept my offer. You can bring Tom. He seems pretty ok. ;) I don't know what we'd do, but I'm sure it would be a fun time in da city.

Your friend and associate,
Alisa

I found this list of the 100 greatest progressive rock albums last night (i don't know who made the list, but it was there) and look who got the #4 spot.... GENESIS. And not just genesis, SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND. It beat out Dark Side...... holy crap. Not many people I know have heard "old-school" (as I like to call them) Genesis, with my fav Peter Gabriel, but they are AMAZING. And weeeeeiiiiirrrrddddd. But mostly amazing. Go listen to them on your i-tunes. Here are some suggestions:

Firth of Fifth
The Musical Box
Supper's Ready
Harold the Barrel
Anything from The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Man, even their artwork is cool. "Old School" Genesis, you get a forever thumbs up from me.

And thanks again to will and mike from introducing them to me back in 11th grade.

Oh. Wow. I just noticed Lauren left the lamp she bought for the room. I hope this means I can keep it. I could really use that for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Alisa,

I'm working on it.

Hopefully, I will see you soon!

Crit