Saturday, April 08, 2006

Usually, when I don't update, it's because nothing has happened. Or because something AMAZING has happened and I haven't had time to get online. This time it is the former.

Yesterday we were sooo busy at work. I took like 20 tables in almost 6 hours. I made only a little over $60. That's like $3 a table. Do you see why the OG sucks? Because of soup and salad. People are NOT going to tip more than $3 on a $15 check.

We tried a run through on Thursday night. It was... difficult. For me. I feel like it'll be ok, though.

Ok, so if you're not a regular viewer of my myspace page, go to it, now. Jenni has made the funniest pictures ever in my comments section.

So, my sister's car got broken in to AGAIN. They stole her CD player. I guess it's not THAT bad, though, since the last time they stole all her CDs.... so it's not like she had anything to play on the CD player. :/

I bought Ramen noodles. Can you believe that? I always swore I never would. But when you're as poor as I am you kind of have no choice sometimes.

I have OFF tomorrow! I can't believe it!

So, not only did I get approved by the acting faculty to audition for "The Last Five Years", they said that if I am cast... I don't have to audition for the fall shows at Kent. This is AMAZING as it is breaking like a million BFA rules... or, well... 2. But still! I was soooo happy because I would be so upset if I had to turn down Cathy to play that old woman in Cabaret. That would be like... my worst theatrical nightmare ever. So, please send good thoughts or prayers or whatever my way for Tuesday. :)

Some people who read this seem to be under the impression that I moved to LA to be an actor or "make it big" or whatever. I didn't. I never had any plans of staying in LA forever... I KNEW I was going to have to move to do what *I* wanted to do.... but I moved out there to be with Jim. That's why, when he left me, I moved back here. There was no point in prolonging everything. I only want to move back to LA so bad because I'm constantly rethinking what I want to do with my life... and because it's much more... awesome... than Ohio.

Last night I watched this badly made C.S. Lewis "biography" movie that was stupid and also... amazing. It made me think a lot about my own life and how no matter how hopeless everything seems, relief is just around the corner. And that relief... is even better than what came before.

No comments: