Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've been thinking a lot about my life and myself the last couple of days, in part because we just read "A Doll's House" by Ibsen and also because I watched the last episode of Sex and the City with the commentary on (I really wanted to find out the name of the music playing when she finds her Carrie necklace). It's been kind of... awful. Actually. I don't NEED to say any more if you've read "A Doll's House" or watched the last episode of "Sex and the City" and you can understand where I am going with this... and I probably SHOULDN'T say more regardless of your knowledge of these things... but I probably will. But not right now... I think I need to gather my thoughts a little more first. I've been writing a lot at night in my book (as internet access is a thing of the past in my life) and it's helpful and terrible at the same time.

I didn't think "Violet" was the best production in the world. There were a lot of parts that I REALLY hated... but from the Violet vs. Preacher scene on, I was really... into it. And yesterday especially for some reason. I mean, I was just a mess. I knew that this show got to showcase a lot of stuff that I normally never get to show at Kent, which I liked... there is something about watching someone you really admire stand up for YOU. Not for the company or the show, but for you. I don't know if I've ever experienced that kind of emotion before. I just felt like I was FINALLY recognized here. I keep saying how I am painfully aware that this might be the only leading role I have at Kent (although I hope not... because I really like "Hair"), so I'm glad that I was able to do something I really don't have the chance to do a lot.

And Bryan, forward me that email. :)

The glands on one side of my neck are swollen. I hate it. I don't know why.

I DID start getting a bruise on my cheek yesterday, so I decided, since I wanted to anyway, to use the coupon I had and go tanning to help make it less obvious... and man, I am so burned. I was only in for FIVE MINUTES, too. I'm gonna have to go today to do my sides... I knew this was going to happen, but it is going to SUCK until I have a base. My poor skin...

I also dyed my hair last night. It didn't quite have the desired effect as it was supposed to. I mean, it was supposed to be RED.... not redly tinted. I like it ok, and I'm actually kind of glad because this will clearly last no longer than a week, so when I dye it for real I know I'll like it.. but still. I'm kind of pissed about it.

Oh... and this is great. So, as you all know "The Chronicles of Narnia" are my favorite thing. Just... period. So, I rented the movie last night and what should the first preview be for.... but THE TWO-DISC SPECIAL EDITION DVD OF "THE LITTLE MERMAID"!!!!!!!!!!! I was so exicted that I cried. I mean, it wasn't supposed to come out until 2008... but it's coming out THIS YEAR, baby! And not just this year, but in OCTOBER, aka MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!! AND it's less than 6 months away!!!!!!!!!! I am just so exicted and thrilled. What a great surprise. :)

No comments: